JW’s are obsessed with persecution

by life is to short 23 Replies latest jw friends

• life is to short
    life is to short

Over the weekend I was around a group of JW's. I have not been in such a setting for along time so it was sort of surreal.

So this one older JW woman started to talk about her neighbors and their little girls and how much she liked them. She said they were a nice family, etc, that they watch each other homes when they go away on vacation, etc. Then she quickly added that she was sure the wife was going to persecute her when the system ends. It was just so bizarre the way she just threw it out there. So I had to take the bait and ask why this neighbor would do such a thing. The answer was she hates Jehovah's Witnesses. So I asked does she not know that you are a JW? She said well yes and I said and she is still really nice to you now right? The answer was yes. So I looked at her in confusion and said why would she want to persecute and kill you then? The answer was well she loves this country and thinks that those who do not support it should just get out and since JW's do not support the country she was sure this women was going to persecute and try to kill her. I just said well she is nice to you now so enjoy the time left.

I mean what more is there to say it is like they want to be persecuted or something. Also the whole time I was there whenever someone talked about a JW being sick and that was quite often it was Satan was sure testing them or that this system is sure getting the friends down or Satan is out to get us. In fact it seemed that was all they talked about was people being sick in the"truth" which in my mind showed how much stress they are under and the stress is making them sick. Also they talked about a couple of JW's who went apostate, I was thinking to myself if they only knew about me and my views now. I just said shocking is't it just dreadful how someone could leave the "truth". I mean again what can you truly say to them.

After listening to the CO's talk last night on the phone in it made me understand the stress. It was about doing more and more and more. Reaching out to be a MS for the guys, pioneering for the women, he really dogged them for not having more Bible studies as they only have 1.5 studies per publisher and throwing in the children it means that there is not enough recruiting going on.

All I could think about is how unhappy everyone seemed over the weekend. In fact the doom and groom sister even said it was nice to just to visit without have a sales meeting to sit through. OK she did not say sales meeting, she did say that she missed just being able to talk without being in field service or at the meetings but as JW's we are just so busy there is not much time for getting together.

What a sad religion.

LITS

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The few times I have been in a setting with JW's, it's always been sort of surreal.

The woman who loves this country probably would defend the JW's right to their cult religion.

When anything negative is said about JW's in the news, it's SATAN. When JW's print anything negative about Catholicism or other groups, it's because they are deserving of it. When worldly people are doing well, it's selfish materialism or lying and stealing and cheating. When a JW does well, Jehovah has blessed him.

They really do live in their own world.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

This reminds me of Mrs Punk. She's ill a lot of the time and I think if she woke up and left the cult she'd be a lot lot better healthwise.

She went to the Doctor recently and told him of a problem. The Doctor asked : 'Do you think your religion doesn't help?'

Later I heard her on the blower to a dub relative: 'Yes. that's what the Doctor asked. Well, Jesus did say we'd be persecuted for our religion....!'

I nearly threw up. THE DOCTOR WAS TRYING TO HELP HER!! He wasn't trying to 'stumble' her out of the 'trooooOOOooOOOth'! HE WAS TRYING TO HELP HER...not persecute.

Cheeeeeeeeez!!

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i do know a handful of skinheads and nazis i grew up with, who are nice too and would have a good time with me now and again, but they'd indeed send me to a concentration camp if they'd gain back power. they'd call it "where wood is chopped, splinters must fall".

still, that persecution complex is surreal.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I have been following the Warren Jeffs case, and listening to the accounts of how his followers have been indoctrinated and brainwashed, some since infancy. I know it's controversial, but I truly believe JWs are too, only in a different setting. The years of constant droning on and on with the same mantra at the same boring sleep-inducing meetings several times a week using the exact same outline all across the country (if not world) is a form of hynotic induction, imo.

Why else would they all be triggered to say the same sort of thing when something is mentioned? I truly believe it is intentional brainwashing. There are about a dozen scriptures they use as triggers to keep them mentally tethered to the doctrines.

Try this experiement if you're still in good standing. Stand around with a bunch of them and bring up the subject. Say something like: "The government should investigate the methods and practices used by religion to control their followers." Then as a decoy, mention Sharia Law in Islam, the Warren Jeffs case, the way some children have died from lack of medical care under the Christian Scientists. Then say, "the government should step in and do something about it".

They will probably all start talking about how this might be how The Persecution starts. They're all looking for it and salivating over this "sign of the end." They can't wait. When I was a little girl, I remember my mom and dad talking about making a secret hiding place in the wall or around a door to hide our bible and WTs in when The Persecution starts!!!

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

"When I was a little girl, I remember my mom and dad talking about making a secret hiding place in the wall or around a door to hide our bible and WTs in when The Persecution starts!!! " journey-on

I remember as a kid we couldn't miss a meeting in case the "persecution" started and we could no longer meet at the the KH. We would need to be there to know of the secret location. If we missed the secret location, we may fall out of the loop and be lost forever. Oh no! So weird to look at now.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

If you say the slightest negative thing about the WTS to a JW they will yell "WHY ARE YOU ATTACKING ME? LEAVE ME ALONE! GO BEHIND ME SATAN!"

Then they pick up their reasoning from the scriptures book and tout their "The end of false religion is near" pamphlet and call on strangers and attack their faith on their doorstep.

• Ding
    Ding

The persecution complex reminds me of people who enter a room, hear laughter, and are sure someone is ridiculing them.

JWs are led to believe that all of human endeavor focuses on them and their organization.

In point of fact, the vast majority of the public neither knows nor cares what JWs believe or do.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@OnTheWayOut This video says it all:

http://youtu.be/tpz8PMcRJSY

• cult classic
    cult classic

LITS -Yes they are obsessed for sure. Many witnesses I know have conjured up all sorts of scenarios in which their faith will be tested. They create this huge monster and are just panic stricken at the prospect of maintaining their integrity.

My parents scared the living daylights out of us as children. They prepared us for kidnapping, rape, and torture. Then told us to rely on Jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit