"Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over."

by Mr. Falcon 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oh good grief! He gives her bitter water to drink, but if she tastes it as bitter, she's guilty?!

• talesin
    talesin

This reminded me of the famous witch hunts in New England ... they would bind a witch's arms and throw her into the water,, if she floated, she was a witch and would be burned,,, if she sank and drowned, she was exonerated .............. but DEAD.

Back in ancient times, pregnancy was often a death sentence ... women's chances of survivig childbirth were pretty dicey.

Cheezits -- loved your Asimov quote ... i'ma gonna steal that one!

tal

• Kudra
    Kudra

Fuck em all.

Both the bible writers and those who try to impose it on others today.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Hmm.

So the priest decides what to put into the water, grabbing some dust? You don't suppose anything might ever have been slipped in that might have killed the wife do you?

Say old 1st wife is getting long in the tooth; you bribe the priest, she, sadly, does not survive the test.

VOILA! The will of Yahweh has been done, back home now to enjoy the nubile young wives.

Love that old time religion.

P

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

PSacramento: God hated Esau and he brings forth some people with the purpose of sending them to Hell.
    Calvinism.

I have no answer for those that believe the God is love but the God also preordaines people to eternal damnation.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

PSacramento: We have common ground! (Put simply, the Calvinist argument is that if God loved everyone, then everyone would be saved. Since he doesn't save everyone, then he must not love everyone. I can admit that it has an internal consistency.)

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The calvanist view makes sense, IF one has no free will.

Remember, only those that reject God and Christ are "damned" ( the whole blasphemy the HS thing) and for knwo to reject soemthing one must KNOW it.

Those that are not saved have, by their own will, KNOWN the TRUE God ( through the HS) and have rejected him.

• Nickolas
  • Rabbit
    Rabbit

Anybody wanna take this one and run with it? What in the wide world of sports is going on here?

Numbers 5:23-28 ? Easy. Sounds like it was borrowed from The Big Book of Voodoo by the Numbers 5:23-28 !

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov

Cheezits, for me, that was the best quote of the thread and it works for agnostics, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit