"Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over."

by Mr. Falcon 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

finally some acknowledgement for my hard work

• sizemik
    sizemik

My take would be that if a husband suspects his wife of adultery but can't prove it, and she won't admit it . . . then he carts her off to the priest for some kind of divine litmus test.

If she's being a naughty girl, then her womb drops out on the ground and she becomes a childless abomination.

If she passes, then hubby takes her home, knocks her up, and all is well in the land of purity once again.

Sort of like a JC but far more exciting.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Those bloody pagan Israelites, always up to something they were.

Yet this is the ancient civilization that the WTS/JWS tries to emulate in their social moral standards, how regrettably ironic.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Hey, PaulSac! How's the good life??

Stalin's secret police may have used similar methods, as we even now use those methods in courts of law and interrogations.
    Hey, if it works....LOL !

And here I thought god's ways were supposed to be higher than ours.... What's up with that?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Not all Laws were given directly by God ( remember Christ's words about MOSES giving the law of divorce to the Hebrews?) and many Laws were causal laws ( If a man did...).

Were they perfect Laws? Hell no !

Were they far better than what the hebrews were doing before they had the Law? Yes.

And as we all can attest, a radical change in the way we do things is FAR LESS accepted than a gradual change.

• sizemik
    sizemik

You could do the Whiskey Tango around this one too . . . apparently you need a dick to perform acceptable worship . . .

Deuteronomy 23

1 He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD.

In other translations the "stones" are . . . . yeah well . . . you probably guessed

• sizemik
    sizemik

On the other hand . . . wives were relatively cheap to purchase . . .

1 Sam 18

27 and David arose and went, he and his men, and slew of the Philistines two hundred men; and David brought their foreskins, and they gave them in full number to the king, that he might be the king's son-in-law. And Saul gave him Michal his daughter to wife.

Imagine having a FIL with a foreskin fetish

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

One heck of a wedding shower !

• sizemik
    sizemik

Ezekiel 23:19-20
    NET

Yet she increased her prostitution, remembering the days of her youth when she engaged in prostitution in the land of Egypt. She lusted after their genitals – as large as those of donkeys, and their seminal emission was as strong as that of stallions.

This is where the expression "hung like a donkey" comes from . . . so you should be allowed to say it at the KH . . . it's in the Bible

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Hey, I think I dated that girl in university !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit