Frederick Franz, "Bible Scholar"

by Quendi 115 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Yes!

Fred Franz was a Bible Scholar and a Snappy Dresser!

This is an INCONTROVERTIBLE fact!

(selah)

• waton
    waton

It is ok to be a bible scholar of whatever hue suits you, as long you dont assume that the work has anything to do with the grand scheme of the cosmos. It is just guesswork, ancient science fiction.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

as long you dont assume that the work has anything to do with the grand scheme of the cosmos

....and there lies the core part of the problem, delusional people who think they uniquely have a special connection to the supernatural creator of the entire universe.

add with that human ignorance and outside secular knowledge and you have the makings for a folly of problems for humanity ,........sound familiar ?

• LV101
    LV101

Was he really a "Bible Scholar" - I don't know but like everything in WT world it's hard to believe. I read somewhere he'd only completed a semester of koine (?) greek but who knows if that's fact and should be long enough to translate your own interpretation for a tax free org. Didn't he attend Oxford for awhile.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What he really was was a pseudo novice bible scholar that got most of his bible scholarly training from another novice C T Russell, the past president of the WTS.

He stayed with the organization long enough to be vice president and then president of the WTS. The JWs organization was built and created by people who accepted these guys bible interpretations, even though they were quite obviously not academically trained bible scholars. ........the rest is history
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

My eighty-plus-year-old PIMI Mom still believes he was a Rhodes-qualified academic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit