A pack of ravenous Dubs ruined my Anniversary brunch with my wife…

by unshackled 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Happy anniversary!

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Good story to remember your 1st. anniversary. Happy Anniversary to both of you. Make sure you go to a real nice place tonight for dinner. That way you will know there are no cheap JW around bellying up to the buffet. Totally ADD

• rebel8
    rebel8

Happy anniversary!

Now let's pick them apart, shall we? I'll start.

Great explanation of the buffet behavior--they are so cheap and willing to work a worldly restaurant owner for all he's worth.

"Satan is working overtime"

How does a powerful spirit being work overtime exactly? He doesn't need to sleep, does he? I don't remember reading that in the bible. So he gets weekends and evenings off normally, and works overtime occasionally when the Circuit Overseer is visiting?

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Shack, I know it isn't much but I hope you like it. I've been tediously working on this, nonstop, for many sleepless minutes, searching for *just* the right image.

Please pass along my congrats to the Shackess of York as well. I want her to know this occasion means to me than she can possibly know and that I've been pondering it ever since I opened this thread.

Seriously, happy anniversary and many more to come! I hope the beach dinner made up for the JWs' giving the Watchtower a reach-around in the restaurant while you two were trying to enjoy your breakfast.

rebel8: "Satan is working overtime"

I'll bet Satan would appreciate the compliment from those Dubs.

"That Satan is dedicated to his profession and will do whatever it takes to get the job done. He is diligent, dependable, always on time, and stays late. Recommendation for promotion and raise to follow."

Also clocking some O/T: the Tooth Fairy, Santa Clause, and that damn sock-thieving Gnome who lives in our laundry hamper.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Happy Anniversary! For future reference: anytime you're approached by a aggle of jws, simply start praying aloud and speaking in tongues. They'll run.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Happy anniversary, unshackled.

It's hard enough to deal with when you have an anniversary ruined by anyone, but these vermin are especially hate worthy! I'm glad that you didn't let it get you down...

V665V665

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Congratulations and happy anniversary!

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Happy anniversary, Unshackled.

Bangalore

• JeffT
    JeffT

Happy anniversary.

Probably not nice of me but in that position I might have just started explaining in detail to the wife what they were talking about, speaking just loud enough to make sure I was heard. I doubt it would take them long to pack up and leave.

And Blondie's right, they restaurant needs to keep the buffet filled no matter how many people come through.

• sir82
    sir82

With all due respect....

It seems more like you allowed the JWs to ruin your anniversary brunch.

You can't control them, but you can control your reaction to them.

Happy anniversary by the way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit