do you have more suits than underwear?????

by oompa 17 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

god i have a ton of them collecting dust in my closet....42 long if you need one....i told my dad/elder to help himself as i have no use for them anymore.....damm i hated dressing up three times a flukkin week........how did i do that for so long???......geeze......oompa

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

When we moved away I keep only 2 suits. They are brand new and expensive. I guess I will always have two brand new suits in my closet now. Because I don't see me wearing them anytime soon. LOL Funny thing is the ones I got rid of was wore out or out of date. So now I have more underwear than suits. Totally ADD

• cantleave
    cantleave

I wear suits to work most days. Friday is dress down day, so today I am wearing a pair jeans and a Led Zepplin T.Shirt. I wish every day was Friday!

• sizemik
    sizemik

I've long since dumped all my suits (well . . . given them away). I have never liked wearing them. I don't have much in the way of undies either . . . prefer to hang loose. Yeah . . . I know . . . I'm neanderthal.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

I have about 12 suits.. and I think maybe 15 boxer shorts? I only really wear one of the suits though.. since I've been apostatized.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I used to have one suit before becoming a witless--and almost never used it. Once I became a witless, I ended up acquiring something like 20 or 25 of them--most of them were used up to the point of being worthless. When I quit the witlesses, I went through 2 cleansings. The first time I got rid of the ones that were in bad condition--big holes in the pants pockets, badly damaged coat liners, rips in seams, and the like. The second time I got rid of any suit that made me look like a complete dork--and I was left with only 6.

Not that I would be unwilling to part with them. If I had to move (say, the United Tyranny of America became unlivable because of president Osama Obama and I got the chance to move to New Zealand), I would definitely ditch them all quickly. Then, once I got there, I would go to a professional place and buy one nice suit (the number I had before becoming a witless), and save it for the handful of truly formal occasions when I might need a suit. Otherwise, most of the clothing I now possess is suitable--especially the fine clothing I bought in 2009 and early 2010 at L.L.Bean.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Same number for both...

• 30 years out
    30 years out

After escaping the organization in 1981 I went on to several management postitions where suits and ties were required. Then in 1990 I started a business of my own and was able to write my own policies and the dress code was the first thing to go. Now I have one suit which has not seen the light of day for about 15 years. So put me in the "more underwear" column.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

If you want to get rid of your suits and do a good turn the Men's Warehouse is doing a clothing drive this month:

http://www.menswearhouse.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContentAttachmentView_-1_10601_10051__10709_10684_AbtNationalSuitDrive.html

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    Same number for both...

Eww...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit