do you have more suits than underwear?????

by oompa 17 Replies latest jw friends

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I had to wear suits on my last job so having some extra ties around saved me some money. The suits didn't fit me anymore.

• badseed
    badseed

I don't own suits anymore. Way back then I used to like wearing them but now I have no use for them. Besides, if god doesn't like me in jeans, well, it's his loss.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I threw them all out - ALL!

I own a Hugo Boss suit - I will never own a cheap suit again.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I assume this is a men's commisuration thread then?!

My dubbery was all prarie skirts and loose blouses, worn buttoned up with camisoles and slips underneath, a la Big Love. We were checked for slips, # of buttons left open, and panties worn under pantyhose (redundant). Giant grandma briefs only! I was so happy when I got a full slip--1 less layer of elastic and nylon around the waist. Straight skirts not allowed--they hugged your curves too much. There had to be flowing fabric. Oh god I am depressed just thinking of it.

Once I bought a businesslike pencil skirt, blouse and pumps and was turned into the elders "for looking like a prostitute" because my kneecaps were showing and I was wearing black hosiery! I had to go in the back room to be counseled!

Suits worn by dub women were unheard of--too worldly and yearning after a career.

Nowadays I suits. I wear them year round, except in the hottest part of summer. *swoon* This morning I was trying to figure out a way to wear a suit and not be too uncomfortable. lol

• mamalove
    mamalove

I have a ton of JWish dresses on a rack in my basement. I thought about having a "calling all JW women garage sale, modest dresses and long skirts galore!" But I do have a ton of panties. What can I say, I like my options!

• clarity
    clarity

Size

prefer to hang loose. Yeah . . . I know . . . I'm neanderthal.

lol

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

If you want to get rid of your suits and do a good turn the Men's Warehouse is doing a clothing drive this month:

Thank you, Mrs Jones, that's a fabulous solution.

I'd also like to add, from past experience volunteering at a homeless shelter for battered women, that residents need ladies' business clothes for job interviews and going forward.

Many are traditional homemakers with small children in tow. They are rebuilding a *new* home away from their abusers, and becoming self-supporting for the first time in their lives.

Even for an entry-level position, it's a booster to have a classic, yet still stylish, ladies' business wardrobe to choose from. Good quality "costume" jewelry, too. Every little bit helps our sisters succeed.

~Sue
  • exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I put on "the Complete Suit of Armour" after a friendly salesman assured me that it would protect me from the machinations of the Devil. Turns out I was shopping in the wrong store. Eph 6:11

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit