Who was Cains wife?

by trailerfitter 57 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I recall from an article that Cain's wife was named Betty Sue.

Rub a Dub

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

I hope that is special in a good way, LOL !

you got the mind of an atheist, but you still believe. which is strange, but that's all good in my book.

• AGuest
    AGuest

I hear you, dear P (again, peace to you!). Before I leave this discussion I would like to offer the following: May I offer you something that might help you see why you can't trust your eyes? Thank you!

At Genesis 4:22-25, Lamech, a descendant of Cain said to his wives:

“... listen to me; wives of Lamech, hear my words. I have killed a man for wounding me, a young man for injuring me. If Cain is avenged seven times, then Lamech seventy-seven times.”

What did Lamech mean? Well, he had taken a life... and therefore, HIS life was for the taking by the avenger on behalf of the young man. But Lamech pronounced a protection on himself... that anyone seeking to avenge the death he (Lamech) caused would reap 77 times the vengeance anyone going after Cain would have reaped. But why this proclamation? Because such avenging didn't stop with the person who actually caused the death: it came upon the heads of his children... and his children's children. The man who "wounded" Lamech... was someone attempting to avenge the death caused by Cain: Abel's.

Which, like the retribution... belonged only to family. In Abel's case, to his sons FIRST... and if he had no sons, then his brothers... and then to the sons of his brothers.

Both the right to avenge... and the "mark"... ran through family lines. From father... to son... or brother... and his sons. From mother... to daughter, etc.

But, again, I hear you... and I will leave it all be. Just trying to help... and stay accurate, as well as truthful.

As always, peace to you, dear one!

YOUR servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

See, that's what I mean Shel and great work !

You make a very valid point indeed.

Why would anyone care that Cain killed Abel?

I mean, a complete stranger wouldn't, not in those days, so it makes sense that Cain would be worried about Abel's family ( even if there is no direct mention of them).

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Of course IF Cain's wife was His Sister, one wonders how she accepted the killing of her brother by her brother and decided to be his wife ( or remain his wife as it were).

• AGuest
    AGuest

I realize that you are probably one of those men who think all women are, by nature... good, and kind.. and caring... and nurturing, dear P (as always, peace to you, dear one!)... but of course you know that's not true. I would like to say that Cain's wife was one of those others: a black widow kind of gal herself, so HER conscience didn't bother HER about it.

But that's not what I hear from our Lord: his word is that (1) she was VERY young (and Cain MUCH older, more like a father than a brother), and so (2) she was GIVEN to Cain (as one less mouth for Adham and company to feed)... (3) so that he wouldn't be completely alone (two can actually survive better than one, if both are fairly healthy and strong), and so could (4) procreate. And, so, as an obedient daughter and sister... and literally a child by today's standards... went with him. And... lived very well as a result. Her youth served her: in survival (both as a wanderer and as Cain's wife)... and fertility.

I am also reminded to remind you... that Cain and his wife were sent out... BEFORE Adham and Eve conceived Seth. So, there had to be kids before Seth, dear one. In fact, if you take the account literally (as some do)... then Seth didn't even come around until the FIFTH generation after Cain. Are we seriously to believe that Adham refrained from sex... or Eve was unable to get pregnant... for FIVE generations??

I hope that helps and, again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• sd-7
    sd-7

Cain's wife was his evil, hot, young sister. If I had to guess, I'd say...probably one of those girls from that show 'Pretty Little Liars' or something.

--sd-7

• AGuest
    AGuest

LOLOLOLOL, dear sd-7. Peace to you!

SA, on her own...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit