Who was Cains wife?

by trailerfitter 57 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Other People- Lost on ABC- The Others.

One does not have to read very far at all to see a literal view makes no sense. Imagine the many hours they invest reading WT lit rather than the Bible. I don't think many notice the disparity. I read that the NT canonization process became very heated between proponents of an amalgamated one gospel with no contradictions or a gestalt view that the four combined represented truth. All the time in meetings and study and the Bible is not known.

The Cecil B. DeMille version is taiught.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Interesting thoughts (may you all have peace!)... but I have a question for you, dear PSacto (the greatest of love and peace to you, dear one), please, if I may. You stated:

That Cain found others in the "outside world" isn't really an issue since it is stated that there are other people besides the imediate family of Adam and Eve:

And then quoted:

Cain said to the Lord, “My punishment is greater than I can bear! Today you have driven me away from the soil, and I shall be hidden from your face; I shall be a fugitive and a wanderer on the earth, and anyone who meets me may kill me.” Then the Lord said to him, “Not so! Whoever kills Cain will suffer a sevenfold vengeance.” And the Lord put a mark on Cain, so that no one who came upon him would kill him. Then Cain went away from the presence of the Lord, and settled in the land of Nod,east of Eden.

I am trying to understand where, in the verses quoted, does it state that there are other people besides the immediate family. I get that it's implied... based on the way "we" think, but I would like to offer that I have received from our Lord that that was not the case at all but, rather, that Cain was concerned about the "law" of vengeance, which was carried out BY the immediate family of the victim. Based on that law, ANY of Cain's OTHER siblings... as well as his parents... could have come across him later... during his or THEIR travels... and avenged Abel's blood.

The reality of this is based on the fact that Cain became a "fugitive." A fugitive is one who runs away/hides from those seeking him for some crime. Here, the only people who KNEW of Cain's crime... and the ones against whom, by extension, the crime had been committed... and thus, the only ones who WOULD be seeking him... would be members of Abel's immediate family. Which were the SAME members of CAIN'S immediate family. Thus, the only ones who had a RIGHT to AVENGE Cain's crime against Abel... would be members of CAIN'S immediate family: his parents and/or his siblings. Likewise, the only ones who would be SEEKING him, therefore... would be members of Abel's... and thus Cain's... immediate family.

And THIS is what Cain was protesting: that he was being sent out, unprotected... to be hunted and killed by his immediate family. Their avenging Abel's blood would be only a matter of time: sure, Cain would wander, but he would also be stalked during. How could anyone live that way, knowing that their death was imminent as soon as an avenger caught up with him? And there was no such thing as a City of Refuge, so there was no where for him to run TO.

The Most Holy One of Israel showed Cain MERCY, however, by prohibiting vengeance against him. In this way, should his parents/siblings ever come across him they would have to allow him to live.

We can't have it both ways, dear one: how can the "people" of Nod be different... yet serve the same God as Adam/Eve/Cain? And "they" had to serve Him, yes, if JAH's decree that no one touch Cain were to apply to "them"? Be effective? Otherwise, why the mark? What would such people care about some mark from JaHVeH?

But there were no such people: Cain was being protected from his immediate family, both his parents and his siblings, as later shown in provisions of the Law Covenant... where is was either upon the PARENTS to stone such a [murderous] child... or upon the "avenger" (a sibling) to kill him. ALL, however, were "released" from this... due to MERCY.

I hope this helps and, again, peace to you!

YOUR servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• nugget
    nugget

\On a recent TV programe it was hypothesized that the garden of eden account was erroneously placed at the beginning of the Bible. If this is the case then Adam was a king and Eve his wife and they were not the only humans.

• startingover
    startingover

AGuest. In the next verse, 17, it says this: "17 Cain made love to his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch. Cain was then building a city,"

A city? For who? How many people do you think existed that were decendants of A and E that a city would be needed? I suggest you do some research as to how civilizations grow.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

"Here, for the first time, is specifically mentioned the "otherpeople" who are not of the lineage of Adam and Eve." "What we have here is two stories, one of man in general - human species and the other of TWO specific people that would begin a specific race- Adma and Eve." Just to be awkward, how do these theories fit in with this.. Genesis 3:20 New King James Version (NKJV) 20 And Adam called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all living.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    AGuest. In the next verse, 17, it says this: "17 Cain made love to his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch. Cain was then building a city,"

It does, dear SO (peace to you!)!

A city? For who? How many people do you think existed that were decendants of A and E that a city would be needed? I suggest you do some research as to how civilizations grow.

Good questions! Perhaps a review of the word denoting "city" will shed some light on that for us:

"From ???? (H5782) a city (a place guarded by waking or a watch) in the widest sense (even of a mere encampment or post)." (Emphasis mine.)

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H5892&t=KJV

Since Cain would obviously FEEL he had reason to be on guard (he obviously lacked faith... so why put any in JAH's protection?)... it's not irrational to think that he would most certainly HAVE built a "city" (a place that was guarded by a watch... which could have been nothing more than an encampment or post)... for him and HIS family. Besides, what if someone chose to go against the protection... and actually try to kill him? Of course, he had to be on guard!

Words are fascinating, aren't they?

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• startingover
    startingover

I doubt anyone reading the word "city" would think it meant encampment. Probably just the opposite. One would think that all the modern english translations would use a more appropriate word, but none that I hae found do.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I doubt anyone reading the word "city" would think it meant encampment. Probably just the opposite.

I agree, dear SO (again, peace to you!). Which is why so many are confused... and/or misled.

One would think that all the modern english translations would use a more appropriate word, but none that I hae found do.

The scribes have great culpability... because they don't attempt to be as ACCURATE as they COULD be. They don't care, dear one... truly. C'mon... do you really think people transcribe the Bible for their health... spiritual or otherwise? They don't. Because if they were truly concerned with their SPIRITUAL health... they would go to the One who leads man into ALL truth, rather than leaning upon their OWN understanding. THEN... they would tell those they want you to believe their trying to help... to GO TO... and listen to HIM... as well!

So, given what IS in the various Bible versions... what's a genuine-hearted person to DO? Either (1) go to and allow themselves to be led by the Holy One of Israel, who IS the Holy Spirit that leads us into all truth... or, if one doesn't yet have the faith to do that (2) start looking stuff up for themselves. Do NOT believe what you see... with your eyes. Because you WILL be deceived. So many already have.

Again, peace to you!

SA

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Good thread!!! I'm six in one hand, and a half dozen in the other as far as the population(s) of people present during Cain's life. On one hand, for Cain to build a city, would seem to indicate that there was a lot more procreating going on than we give the Genesis account credit for, or maybe like Shelby said, the Scribes weren't as specific as they should have been, buncha half steppers and they had a tradition of being that way.

Something else though, if Cain was concerned about his well being after leaving his traditional home setting, and God looked out for him by marking him so that distant peoples would recognize who Cain was, and that he was not to be harmed, does that mean that God had intimate dealings with peoples other than Noah's forefathers?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    if Cain was concerned about his well being after leaving his traditional home setting, and God looked out for him by marking him so that distant peoples would recognize who Cain was, and that he was not to be harmed, does that mean that God had intimate dealings with peoples other than Noah's forefathers?

May I kindly suggest that you (re)read the post second from the top, dear RoosterMan (peace to you!)? That might shed a little more light on the matter for you. If not, well at least I tried.

Again, peace to you!

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit