i think i might return to the WTS

by dm6 44 Replies latest forum suggestions

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

THINK VERY CAREFULLY ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE CONSIDERING

I know what you're feeling wondering if they are right. You only studied for a year. I became one @ 17 I'm now 33 it takes work to get them out of your system. I'm new to this journey. This site is full of ones who gave years or their whole life to that religion. We know the what if's are hard to shake.

No one should tell you what to do. The JW's are all about telling you what to do. Some cong are different. The one I just left still lovebomb the studies on the fence in hopes they'll step in line and get dunked. Other cong. we will be civil to your face @ a meeting but that's it.

If you're thinking about going back because you have a spiritual need or want to be a christian then there are other ways. i think it's in our makeup whether or not we're believers. Maybe it's part of the evolutionary cycle. There are those who have no need or desire for spiritual things, there are those of us who do, some are on the fence. You have to pick what's right for you. Atheist, Christian, Buddhist, etc.. The point is for you to find your bliss.

Many feel being a JW is their bliss I thought so. Then I realized my recent unhappines, depression, low self worth was due to their way of worship. To each his own. You're having issues emotionally worries me. The make up of this religion is not a good fit for your problems. The constant demands for an outward appearance feed the vicious cycle of low self worth & depression.

Please feel free to PM me if you need to talk

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    but you know, i was thinking about going back to them and just to see a bit more about it all.
    i dont know to be very honest with you if its thr right thing to do or not on a PERSONAL level.

Please give us a few of your reasons for wanting to go back.

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

Check out Edward Current on you tube "I've converted to EVERY religion (just in case)"

• mouthy
    mouthy

If you want to go back. Then go! i am not going to tell you dont.
    But after being a very convinced JW for 25 years. Being told all I was told
    NONE came true!!!!!! Dont think you will be able to do as you want to.
    forget it.....no smoking, no dating outside girls,not going into other churches ( even for a buddies wedding)
    no sex before marriage ,you must give a few hours knocking on doors to tell the folks they are
    gonna die if they dont join you. The only thing you CAN do is Drink!!!! as long as you only get
    moderatly drunk. So if you want to give up your free thinking GO BACK

Mouthy Grace .....84 yrs old....

• cantleave
  • NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I'd say go for it! Let us know how it goes!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Only you can decide. Please base that decision on research rather than feelings.

Please look into the history of JWs, and some of their own doctrinal changes through the years. This way you can make an informed choice. Please ask questions now, as once baptized, it could be viewed as "apostate."

A famous quote: (I don't remember by whom)

"Better to have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned."

• james_woods
    james_woods

Notice that nobody here (nobody who is an ex-JW) has told you what to do.

You have already expressed the suspicion that the JWs will certainly tell you what to do.

I can personally guarantee (as can every other ex-JW on this board) that they will do just that.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Most of us just want to be as far away from the JW organization as possible. We have scars.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I think folks make threads like this to get talked out of making a bad move.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit