2011 DC Friday Keynote Address - Who are Preaching the "Good News Of The Kingdom"

by dontplaceliterature 19 Replies latest jw friends

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Did anyone happen to hear this talk? Ours was given by a Southern Circuit Overseer. It was really a "Whoa Team!" kinda talk. This guy read insult after insult regarding Christian leaders/churches. He called them arrogant many times, stupid once or twice, and talked about their inability to grow their memebership via any sort of ministry. Toward the end of his talk, he asked the whole audience about "who was the only true Christian faith, and who only preaches The Good News of The Kingdom" and he had them respond in unison "Jehovah's Witnesses!" However, the first time the crowd of 6,000 or so didn't say it loud enough. So he asked them again, and again they all shouted in unison "Jehovah's Witnesses!"

My jaw was on the floor. If I had a Bible Study present, or a visiting non-Witness family member, I would have been squirming in my seat. I spoke to a few people afterward who had unbelieving mates, and they all thought it was totally out-of-line. One sister said she was "extremely uncomfortable, and embarassed."

My mom said I had a negative attitude because I pointed out that the guy was going a overboard and that he seemed pretty arrogant. No one else seemed to bat an eye.

Was the style of this talk similar at any of the other DCs?

• sizemik
    sizemik

Good God . . . the level of intellectualism and maturity is pathetic. I do recall a similar approach at a convention some years back . . . and felt like you . . . totally embarrassed. Haven't been to one for a few years however, so can't respond to your question.

Rock singers use the same tactic to wind up an audience . . . and succeed much better BTW

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I will now insult the leaders of the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery in the same way they insult church leaders.

Anyone that insists that using independent sources to verify doctrinal validity or studying their own Bible alone or in small groups is bad for sure is not qualified to lead a religion. That is arrogant. It is also arrogant to tell the flock that if they have a teaching that is wrong, even if it can be proven wrong using their own Bible, that they have to abide by and teach the bad doctrine until they themselves fix it. Both of these rules are in effect, and you get frequent reminders from these a$$emblies and in the Kingdumb Misery.

Inability to grow membership through a ministry? Again, I will insult the witlesses--how many have they themselves grown since 1995? Of those, how many have they gained in places where the Internet is common and people are well off? Most of the ones they grow are in places where people do not have access to information, and people with severe problems. They work prisons and mental institutions these days to find members to recruit, because that's where the action is these days. This is worse than most mainstream Christian denominations--many of which do find people in Islam countries and recruit them to Christianity. (And where the witlesses are not able to.)

No wonder most of the crowd was wimpy in shouting the stock answer. It was wrong.

• cantleave
    cantleave

All together now

Screenshot - smileysender2.png

• alanv
    alanv

I don't know why anyone would be surprised at those words, the society have been saying the same thing for years. They always have been arrogant.

• Grouper
    Grouper

All the thousand upon thousand preaching hours has resulted in the general public knowing the following:

1. I think Jehovah's Witnesses don't celebrate holidays? 2. I think they don't accept medical assistance? 3. They annoyingly come to your house in the early morning.

That is what this preaching of the good news has accomplished in the last hundred years.

The genearl public don't know about life in a paradise earth, 1000 year reign, resurrectuion of the dead on earth or even the fact that Gods name is Jehovah.

By their preaching success rate the end of the system of things won't come for another 1000 or so years.

• leavingwt
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Nothing like that going on at our DC. Must be unique to the speaker. Creepy. Reminds me of one of those Wal Mart meeetings. Rah-rah!

Not sure if it was the keynote adress, but Friday was the day I heard the thing about Christ's kingdom being almost 100 hrs old & just 900 years to go!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The genearl public don't know about life in a paradise earth, 1000 year reign, resurrectuion of the dead on earth or even the fact that Gods name is Jehovah.

I disagree with the statement that most do not know that God's name is "Jehovah". But I think more people know it thanks to Harrison Ford & Steen Spielberg from Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark than those who know it from JWs knocking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMSK-wq3jlg

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I disagree with the statement that most do not know that God's name is "Jehovah".

I disagree with that statement, Most people don't know who Jehovah is, and even when they hear it sometimes in the movies they don't clue in as to what the name is or the name just flyes over their head without them realizing what was even said. What Grouper said is quite true. Most people don't know anything about WTS cult and don't care and the BS message has been preached to mostly closed doors for some 100 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit