You should be able to tell someone in the hall is a pedophile because they do not say prayers.

by life is to short 34 Replies latest jw friends

• life is to short
    life is to short

Stillin

I know the PO COBE was not right, that was not my point. What was I was trying to bring out is how stupid it all is. I mean come on many men in the religion do not say prayers at the meetings, to use that to gauge if someone is a child molesters is so wrong on so many levels it is unreal.

If you used what the PO told me than the hall would be running with tons of rummer's. I just can just hear it now sister knows everything saying 'have you noticed that brother never here just said the closing prayer so I guess the rummer about him sleeping with the PO's wife was wrong but did you notice that brother Yesman they never let him say a prayer hum makes you wonder if he could be a child molester."

I am just trying to point out how totally crazy it all is.

LITS

• life is to short
    life is to short

Thanks Flipper I missed you post.

LITS

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

WT ignorance knows no limits. Pedophiles are just like everyone else. They do not wear sweatshirts with a flashing sign that says Pedophile. Prayer or no prayer is not the issue. Heck, I don't care if for some reason they are attracted to children. Actions matters.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

flipper: Not saying a prayer is only an indication the elders have you marked. Be it "spiritually weak" or reproofed and has nothing to do if one is a pedophile or a child molester. Now, it also may depend on a congregation's BOE as to who gets to read wt or say a prayer as not everyone in my khs I attended had these "privileges." Typically it was elders/MS who opened the meetings with a prayer. The book study may have been different since it was a smaller group but inactive ones like myself obviously were skipped over unless the had no choice. Service arrangement would be similar to the book study I assume since I didn't go out for years and I don't remember that far back. So unless your KH had a custom of having different ones open and close with prayer a person in a KH would never realize that one of them hasn't had that "honor" to pray in front of others. Besides, what about a female member molesting children - may be rare but how would that scenario play out since "sisters" can't pray in front of congregation?

• flipper
    flipper

DIAMOND DIZ- I hear what you are saying, and I agree with you. Appreciate the clarification

• Awen
    Awen

Dear LITS:

Something you might try is this. Since this guy is listed on the internet. I suppose you must mean a sex offender database. Check to see if he's listed as residing in the area in which he lives. If he isn't, it's a parole violation and mandatory jail time. All registered sex offenders (in the US) must check in with the local Law Enforcement office in their area and appraise them of any address changes within 30 days. Also it's against the law for them to live with a certain amount of distance from a school, daycare or church. You can also go to his neighborhood and post flyers informing the residences of his sex offender status. Some neighborhoods have certain rules regarding who can and cannot live in their area. Be discreet though. Don't tell anyone face to face. Just a flyer with a picture, name and the sex offender database website. Let others do the research.

Psychologists have said repeatedly that pedophiles cannot be cured. However they can be treated IF they acknowledge they have a problem.

http://www.registeredoffenderslist.org/what-is-pedophilia.htm

"One of the important questions we must ask is, "How safe are our children when registered sex offenders are living in our neighborhoods?" Most pedophiles are multiple offenders and are involved with a number of kids. The answer to this question revolves around the treatment of pedophilia. How effective is it?

Web MD web site (http://www.webmd.com/ ) states, "Sadly, there is no cure for pedophilia." This is true. There is no cure, but there is treatment.

It has been shown that the SSRI's, Prozac®, Zoloft®, Celexa®, Luvox®, Paxil®, and Lexapro® , in high doses are also useful in treating this illness. Treatment of pedophilia is difficult at best. Many of these men remain untreated.

Because adults who sexually abuse children are repeat offenders, it makes sense not to allow them to be in close contact with children. According to a study by Abel in 1987, reported in the Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 2(1), 3-25, offenders against female children had an average of 19 victims, while those against male children had an average of 50. These figures surprised me. Common sense tells us to keep these adults away from kids and out of our neighborhoods."

May you have Peace,

Awen

P.S. I went back and read a lot of your posts pertaining to this issue. You've covered it well and so I have nothing further to add. Keep up the good work. I apologize for assuming you might not know some of this stuff.

• nugget
    nugget

That is probably one of the most ridiculous things I have heard. Brothers may not be used for prayers for a number of reasons, e.g. too shy, not doing enough hours in FS, have committed a minor infraction and under restrictions and apparently be sex offenders. If a brother is being used extensively for other dutues and is praised by elders then the fact he doesn't do prayers will be disregarded by the congregation and would pass without notice.

So we are to assume that any brother not used for prayers is a paedophile what about those who feel unable. What about any sisters since not all paedophiles are men? How are we to tell?

If they stopped creating this pretense of perfection and actually went after safety itself then all this subtlety and degreees of punishment would be unecessary we would know and children would be safe.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

So everybody knows he is a pedophile because he does not give a public prayer. What will they say to the parents when he goes after their child in the hall. Will did you not know he was pedophile because he does not give a public prayer. The one who sexually abuse our daughter in law when she was 6 years old back in the early 90's had a record at that time back intp the 70's and just last year was caught sexually abusing another poor child in the JW cult. 40 years this asshole been doing this I guess the he does not give a public prayer rule is not working. ASSHOLES. Totally ADD

• blondie
    blondie

I guess that means all sisters are pedophiles.

km 6/00 p. 3 Question Box ***

Who should offer prayer at congregation

Congregational prayer is a vital part of our worship. Representing others before Jehovah is a precious privilege and a weighty responsibility. In view of its importance, elders need to use good judgment when deciding which brothers qualify to offer prayer at meetings. Baptized brothers representing the congregation should be mature Christian ministers who are known as good examples and have the respect of the congregation. Their reverent and respectful prayers should reveal a fine relationship with Jehovah God. The article “Praying Before Others With a Humble Heart” in the May 15, 1986, issue of TheWatchtower outlines important principles that are especially helpful for those who pray publicly on behalf of the congregation.

The elders would not have a brother offer prayer if he is known for questionable or frivolous conduct.A brother who tends to be disgruntled or inclined to use public prayer as a means to air personal differences would not be chosen. (1 Tim. 2:8) Even though a teenage brother may be baptized, the elders will have to determine whether he has the spiritual stature to pray on behalf of the congregation.—Acts 16:1, 2.

Occasionally at meetings for field service, it might be necessary for a baptized sister to offer prayer if there is no qualified brother there to represent the group. She would need to wear an appropriate head covering. If it is likely that a qualified brother will not be present at certain meetings for service, the elders should assign a qualified sister to take the lead.

It is customary for the chairman of the Public Meeting to offer the opening prayer. However, at other congregation meetings, when there are more than a few qualified brothers available, someone other than the brother opening the meeting or the one assigned the final part may be called upon to offer the opening or closing prayers. In any event, the brother who is to be called on to pray at a congregation meeting should be informed beforehand so that he can give thought to what he will say. Then he can offer a coherent, earnest prayer that is appropriate for that particular meeting.

Such prayers need not be long. When a brother offers a public prayer, he will usually be better understood if he stands up, expresses himself with sufficient volume, and speaks distinctly. This will allow all of those assembled to hear the prayer and at the close to say a heartfelt “Amen!”—1 Chron. 16:36; 1 Cor. 14:16.

• rebel8
    rebel8

What is a COBE?

IIRC, after the Catholic pedophilia scandal hit the news and before the wts pedophilia sex scandal did, the wts was haughtily publishing digs at the Catholics, stating this is one way you can tell they have the true religion and the Catholics aren't, b/c that doesn't happen in jehoopla's org.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit