New rules for talk recordings?

by discreetslave 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cantleave
    cantleave

I can understand it if they did take this route. Think of the damage that recordings of talks that were given to prior to 1975 have done!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

That is why archive.org is so awesome. You can listen to Charles Sinutko, Crazy Freddie, and all the pre-false-Armageddon crowd if you can stomach it.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The original post says it just how it is in Sister Blues' congo. She can have a MP3 c/d for a limited time but no copies should be made

• St George of England
    St George of England

That is exactly correct, not just for the DC but has been the case for the CA and the SAD earlier this year and last November.

One CD arrives and printed on it is: DO NOT EXTRACT FILES OR DUPLICATE - Please return to the body of elders

The accompanying letter includes a copy of QFR w78 1/1 p 32 "Is it improper to make tape recordings of public prayers?" The COBE is responsible for destroying the CD when it is finished with.

For what it's worth the CD is not copy protected.

George

• ziddina
    ziddina

Thanks for confirming that, Empty Inside and St. George...

Yeah, more attempts at damage control. Wait until their 'overlapping generations' talks start hitting YouTube!

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Thanks for the confirmation

If I'd known this I would have recorded the Conv I suffered through.
    Any who still attend these torture sessions should record them so they can continue to be posted.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

There are pens with built in recorders...

Skeeter

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

A lot of Witnesses were making copies of talks that were downloaded on-line and sharing them.

A couple of reasons they gave for ending this practice were 1. You guessed it,out-of-date information in the talks. 2. A brother might get a mighty large following if he is a good speaker,lol. 3. Sometimes talks are given to address the needs of a particular circuit or congregation.

Well,the reasons they gave were all B.S. It's just about control.

I know some were recording conventions for those that couldn't make it,and it was appreciated. But,now,I guess,if you record anything,it is not to be passed on to anyone else. And that those who have a "legitimate" excuse to miss the conventions,and assemblies,meetings,etc, can receive recordings through the elders.

But,they encouraged everyone to attend in person if they could or get phone hook-up for the meetings.

That's what I remember from that part.

• RODRIGO
    RODRIGO

Hello,Im looking for the

2011-2012 - Special Assembly - Let God's Will Take Place

audio?Does anybody have it yet english or spanish.Im looking for the last 2 talks.Can you help?

• applehippie
    applehippie

I'm wondering also if another reason could be that particular Bro. give particularly "good" talks. I know my mom has recordings of favorite talks by certain bro. from years ago. What do you think about the reason that this is also perhaps to curtail any notoriety or attention given to those who are talented and give their talks well? I mean aside from having recorded proof of things that were said from the platform.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit