New rules for talk recordings?

by discreetslave 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

I was told this is the new arrangement re recordings made known only to the BOE. Can someone confirm this?

One congregation CD is made of meetings, assemblies & DC to pass on to publishers who want to hear it. The publisher is to have it for a limited time I think it's 1 week and no copies are to be made. It is returned and passed on to the next person. After a limited time the CD is to be destroyed.

A ministerial servant who works the sound & an elders wife who's husband does sound @ assemblies told me this.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Ridiculous! So stupid!

It's so easy to make one's own recordings with an itty bitty pocket recorder.

I mean, this is the word of JEEEHOOOOOOOOVAAAH!

Shouldn't it be recorded and passed around to everyone?

• White Dove
    White Dove

If this is because of copywrite issues, I understand it.

But if it's because of cultish reasons, then it's stupid.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

uh what 8 year old nowadays can't copy a CD?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah! I can believe it - tho I'd like to have actual confirmation from someone who's still got the stomach to act as an 'elder'...

The Watchtower Society has had far too many embarrassing talks - usually given by Governing Body members, yet! - show up on YouTube to refute their latest "noo lite" or to demonstrate their latest blazing piece of stupidity - er, I mean, hypocrisy...!!

Not surprising that they're trying to control, control, control their talks to the "loyal" Jehovah's Witnesses only...

Almost makes me want to go back and try to be 'reinstated'...

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

A lot of MP3 players that have an integrated FM receiver can record the FM broadcast. Just saying for assemblies and such that might be handy. Not that I go to assemblies anymore.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well rules like this rarely control the thinkers, however the mass majority of JW's will conform and promise not to make copies of anything

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Yes,there was an article in the KM about this a few months ago. I wish I could remember which one,but it was close to a year ago.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

I remember the article about recordings we make for our personal use KM 4/10.

I was told this is an addition to that and it was made known to the elders & servants in a letter.

At assemblies & conv. every cong can pick up an offcial cd made by the sound dept. This is to be distrubuted in the manner I outlined above. Same with local talks each cong can make one official cd. They are not to be kept indefinately they are to be destroyed later

A ms & elders wife told me & my husband won't say since I'm no longer a JW

• Quendi
    Quendi

The Pharisees would be proud of this organization. Clearly it is walking in their footsteps and not those of Jesus Christ. Rules, rules, and more rules. That's all the WTS taskmasters understand.

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit