New rules for talk recordings?

by discreetslave 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Keep tightening the screws, eventually everyone will reach a breaking point, or awakening as the case maybe.

MTM

• Room 215
    Room 215

lots of "cloak & dagger" for an organization that purports to solely represent the Jesus who charged his true disciples: "what you heard whispered, preach from the housetops!" -- Matt. 10:27

• iarts
    iarts

Possible reason:

At DC's they already have a problem with people sitting in their cars and listening on the radio rather sitting in the back-breaking, freezing cold football stadiums.
    If you can just download the the DC from the internet and listen to it at home, why bother with all the hassle of attending.

(come to think of it, why bother attending anyway)

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "...What do you think about the reason that this is also perhaps to curtail any notoriety or attention given to those who are talented and give their talks well? I mean aside from having recorded proof of things that were said from the platform...." applehippie

Trust me, it's all about preventing recorded proof of things that were said from the platform.

As has been stated on other threads, the internet is the biggest source of 'old-light' material that is now extremely embarrassing to the Watchtower Corporation.

In essence, it's akin to an attempt to 'gag' researchers/ex-members and prevent further inconsistencies and downright lies from coming to full public view.

Zid

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Perhaps they are worried about Steve Klemetti's site?

Bangalore

• BroMac
    BroMac

there was a circuit elders meeting 12-18mths ago during a special assembly. this was one of the 'highlights'. AFAIK it just covers CA's SA's DC's.

BroMac

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit