Do JW Organization Mistakes Matter?

by InterestedOne 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

After reading what Concerned JW has to say, I gather that for him, if the JW Organization is currently making any mistakes, those mistakes do not matter and are not worth naming, not even one. I am completely baffled by this and would like to understand why a person would take this position. Concerned JW, can you please explain why you take this position? If you refuse, I would still welcome others' comments to help me understand why you, possibly other JW's, or a rational person in general would take this stance.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I can understand why you feel baffled. Doesn't his stance seem on some level to be intrinsically dishonest?

• clarity
    clarity

Oh wow, sounds like a big con game to me. If something doesn't work out they say, well then hey I've got a great piece of land to sell you! Such a deal!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

To the captive, spiritually abused mind, it is unthinkable that the problem is the WT organization.

Battered person syndrome

Repeated cycles of violence and reconciliation can result in the following beliefs and attitudes:

The abused believes that the violence was his or her fault.
    The abused has an inability to place the responsibility for the violence elsewhere.
    The abused fears for his/her life and/or the lives of his/her children (if present).
    The abused has an irrational belief that the abuser is omnipresent and omniscient.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battered_person_syndrome

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

All Mistakes in WatchTower World can be Excused..

Because of the Catholics..

................. ...OUTLAW

• bob1999
    bob1999

"After reading what Concerned JW has to say, I gather that for him, if the JW Organization is currently making any mistakes, those mistakes do not matter and are not worth naming, not even one. "

I didn't read Conserned JW's post but I know that as long as someone believes that the WTS is the F&DS choosen by Christ in 1919 then nothing else matters.

If the WTS is teaching something wrong, "don't worry, God will correct it time".

So this leaves the WTS free to be false prophets with no negative consequences.

Amazing!!

Peace

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I didn't read Conserned JW's post but I know that as long as someone believes that the WTS is the F&DS choosen by Christ in 1919 then nothing else matters.

Exactly. They think Jehovah wants babies to die, if those babies should need an injection of red blood cells. What is there to discuss? When they're ready to see the light, we'll be here.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

leavingwt - OMG. When you put it that way, if it is a mistake, I would say it does matter. It's like this FDS idea is a license for the leaders to say and do anything with no immediate consequences from the group because the group believes the leaders will have to "give an account" in the future for any mistakes they make. OMG this is upsetting. Concerned JW, I need you to please explain yourself for this stance you take - that any mistakes the JW organization makes do not matter.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Was discussing this with a friend and I really believe it all comes down to 1914.

CTR struck lightning in a bottle with that (despite there were several dates before that were false.)

With WW1 coming in 1914 that gave them legitamitcy(sp) Than thanks to JFR they were able to attach all sorts of BS onto that spark. My friend was saying how his mother was badgering how she just knows its the truth cause since 1914 mankind has perfected weapons and killing and how thats proof that the society is right.

IMO thats why they will never get rid of 1914 because its the only one they got right.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

This is the same argument used by every high control religion. If you are raised a Mormon/JW/SDA/INSERT-RELIGION-OF-CHOICE you will believe it is the truth from years of indoctrination. However, you will also know that there are a lot of disturbing issues that you have not been able to get addressed. So to prevent cognitive dissonance, you justify that the mistakes don't matter because Mormon/JW/SDA/INSERT-RELIGION-OF-CHOICE is God's Organisation, and there is nothing better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit