I could really use some advice :(

by FifthOfNovember 38 Replies latest social relationships

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

No prob.

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

We gave you some advice based on the info we received from you.

After seeing your update, I still feel proceeding with caution would be best. Bringing the kissing a friend question and saying she has a small crush with him is not positive by any means. At the least, it may be a sign of inmaturity.

You said: "Honestly, things are better than ever." I doubt it. Things do not improve dramatically with just one conversation. Things might be better from now on, but please don't be gullible into thinking everything is fixed. Time will tell whether she comes up with another disappointing story. We all have faults, and we should allow for some of hers being manifested somehow.

However, she did send out some unpleasant signals, and caution is still advised. In any case, keep us posted. I wish you the best and your happiness.

• talesin
    talesin

We talked last night again, I asked her about the kiss question, she told me it was just to get a perspective on how mad I was.

Okey-dokey ...

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Now, I am really worried because this fall I'll be going three hours away for college. She's only 30 minutes away and I feel like our relationship is falling apart. If our relationship even makes it through the summer, what the hell is going to happen in the fall?

Then after one conversation.......

I'm sure none of you understand just how close we are, but we completely trust eachother

Maybe you can understand why people commented the way they did. If you completely trust her, why did you start this post?

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

Damn it! That's exactly the kind of relationship that I have always been looking for.

Wondering if she love's me or not. The question sustains me.

You deserve to be loved and she deserves to be loved.

Imagine being loved instead of expecting love. Some of us know what that is like:

I thought about taking my advice beyond that, but; what do I know? Live and learn.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I get the feeling after the brush off from this young inexperienced buck that he was only using this topic as a sounding board. Any advice that came from us old foggies wasn't going to be taken under serious consideration. That's cool.

But the last thing I'll say on this topic is if your girl asks how would you feel if she's kissed a guy that she has a small crush on I bet my bottom dollar the deed has already been done and now she's backtracking and denying that anything happened. I should know I used to be a young lady and have known many a young lady in my time. Ain't nothing new under the sun when it comes to immaturity and relationships.

But what would I know...I've only been married for over 18 years. :-D

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

How would she react if you asked her if it was ok if you kissed another girl? I think that life is too short to hang around with people who play games with your emotions. Time to move on. If she's asking that it means they've kissed already. Do you really want to put yourself through this? Either there is trust in the relationship or there isn't. Trust is earned, has she earned yours?

• sizemik
    sizemik

Fifth . . . I wish you all the best. And maybe the picture you first painted was an exaggeration based on your fears . . . and maybe not. Either way . . . don't disregard completely what you have been told here.

• dgp
    dgp
    if your girl asks how would you feel if she's kissed a guy that she has a small crush on I bet my bottom dollar the deed has already been done and now she's backtracking and denying that anything happened.

Truer words were never spoken.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit