Opinion-Is This Clear Evidence that Jehovah's Holy Spirit is with The Watchtower?

by DavinciCodeBreaker 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Awen
    Awen

had to re-post. Went to edit and messed it up.

Does the WTBTS lawyers prepare their cases or do they do as Jesus instructed and simply wait for the Holy Spirit to tell them what to say? I think you know the answer. When WTS lawyers can step into a courtroom and win cases this way, then I'll believe the WTBTS has YHWH's Holy Spirit. Until then I'll put my faith in the Packers. Much less chance of disappointment.

Peace,

Awen

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

Correlation does not mean causation. You're friend displays the typical lazy thinking of a Witness. The WT says it has God's backing (and Spirit) because is was appointed in 1918. Have him prove that...scripturally.

• Think About It
    Think About It

The guy has delusional thinking.

Spend any time at all in the WTS org and it is clear there is no biblical holy spirit behind it.

Think About It

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Waiting for Trial..

Jehovah makes a Friend..

http://www.toonpool.com/user/589/files/found_god_1331245.jpg

..................... ...OUTLAW

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

I have to go along with cantleave. According to your JW friend winning court cases means you have Jehovah's Holy Spirit. Will I guess all those other religions must have Jehovah's Holy Spirit also because they are benefiting from those court decisions. How about the Catholic religion they been around for 1700 years I guess God is blessing them also. You could use any reason in the book to try to convince yourself that God is blessing you. Totally ADD

• jam
    jam

Lets look at A few of those court cases.

Cantwell V. Connecticut 1940

A connecticut staute required licenses for those soliciting

for religious or charitable purpose. The statue was an

early type of consumer protection law. It required the secretary,

before issuing A certificat permitting solicitation, to determine

whether the cause was" A religious one or is bona fida object

of charity or philanthropy" and whether the solicitation conforms

to reasonable standards of efficiency and integrity.

1942 Jones V. City of Opelika

The city of Opelika, Alabama charged Jones with violating

A statue by selling books without A license.

1943 Murdock V. Pennsylvania

Jeannette, Pennsylvania had an ordinace that required

solictors to purchase A license from city hall.. Murdock

A JW was asking for contributions in exchange for

books and pamphlets. The city claimed that this

meant that they were being sold and A license was

required.

So can we think the WT for all the solicitors that come to

come to our doors today.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

To me, God's backing with Holy Spirit would mean they would win EVERY FRICKIN' CASE they had before the United States Supreme Court and anywhere else for that matter. It would mean they would not have backed down on charging for the literature due to a ruling against Jimmy Swaggart in January 1990 and would not have backed down on charging for food at assemblies and conventions that same year (then later disbanded it when no profits came in).

Edited to add:

Oh, they wouldn't be worried about individuals bringing reproach upon Jehovah or Jehovah's organization when they hush up crimes such as child abuse. If they had Jehovah's Holy Spirit, they would protect individuals (such as children) and let Jehovah protect His organization and name.

• jam
    jam

On The Way Out; Yes all the way to the supreme court in the 40,s

for the right to charge for thier books and mags. and then turn

around years later and ask for A contribution.

Sorry , Can we thank the WT for the unwanted solicitors today.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I don't think JWs are the repeat players in Supreme Court First Amendment law anymore. Those cases are now quite old. The clear repeat players after reading oodles of cases lately are the American Civil Liberties Union, Barry Lyn's group, Citizens United for Separation of Church and State, Freedom from Religion Foundation, and the Thomas More Society. The Witnesses won many public forum speech cases in the 1930s and 1940s, plus flag salute.

The ACLU was amicus curiaw in most of these cases. Mediocre lawyer or major lawyers group with volunteer law professors and Wall St. practicioners.

I have a question that I do not want to research but long term Witnesses prob. know the answer. The Witnesses have a right to preach in a public area, such as a sidewalk. They must obey private property laws. I'm curious about the boundary of sidewalk vs. stepping up on private property steps and knocking on a door or ringing a door bell. It seems to me I can bar someone from using my stairs, stoop. or porch. What does the Society teach about this area? They can be barred from Manhattan apt. buildings unless a tenant has authorized their presence. I asked them politely for them to give me tne name of the tenant whose guests they were. They left me promptly. I now live in a private development and they do not have permission to be here.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    They must obey private property laws. I'm curious about the boundary of sidewalk vs. stepping up on private property steps and knocking on a door or ringing a door bell.

In the United States ... If there is a "No Trespassing" sign, Witnesses are officially instructed to obey and call or write letters to share the "Good News" with such ones. If the householder is threatening or requests no contact, they will be added to the territory card as a "do not call". Also if it is a private community that does not permit soliciting, these are phone or letter writing territories.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit