Flame Ups? Tired? Scared To Voice...............

by ladonna 47 Replies latest jw friends

• SYN
    SYN

I often can't say exactly what I want to as I do all of my posting from my work, and you never know whether your boss is running a packet sniffer...so...sorry...

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. - The Golden Age

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Ana,

I'm not one to hold back for fear of getting flamed most of the time, and don't get offended if somebody flames me.
    It's only words from a person who has faults just like me. In fact sometimes it's quite funny when you hit a raw nerve(because of subject matter), and you get flamed. If you are overly worried about your personal image it can be quite painful, but if not very concerned about image, you may find it hillarious or maybe even find some insight from the flammer(sometimes).

I do feel for the more timid, and don't want them to suffer needlessly, but maybe some good can come from over riding their fears, and posting anyway, maybe a few lump and bruises may make them a little tuffer to face the real problem in life with a little more courage(hopefully).

I'm not encouraging Flamming anyone, all I'm saying is "Don't let fear hold you back from living life".

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

Slip,

I love your posts. You always make me laugh. Smart and sassy!

Anne

• Julie
    Julie

Dearest Ana,

I am so glad you brought this up. I too always find myself far too intimidated to speak my mind on this forum. I guess it is a deep seeded shyness from childhood I have yet to address. I am working to overcome this paralyzing fear of speaking my mind.....we all have our difficulties to overcome I guess.....

Regards,
    Julie

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

I can certainly appreciate this thread and the different viewpoints. I think that Abaddon made some good points about how our posts are reacted to by the way we present our ideas but I have to admit also that there is a huge "pack" mentality I see in here at times and it looks like a shark feeding frenzy.

It isn't cool to be the bunny when there are predators on this board that love nothing more than to make you feel miserable. Look at the trolls for an outstanding example of this kind of B.S. Yet, there are also other people that have such an aggressive attitude and come on like a mac truck doing 120 that they are damn intimidating.

I've personally been accused of being intimidating even though I make it a point to normally try to be mellow in my posts and just let personal opinions be that. I can at least understand where they are coming from. I hate to see people at the bottom of the dog pile squealing out in pain.

Yes, some people can just look at their words as only that but other people put more than chicken scratches here and it is actually a part of them that we see expressed here. My feeling is that we should play nicer but apparently that attitude isn't shared by all.

I guess then for the time being the more sensitive people and those who don't enjoy being involved in flame wars just need to sit on the sidelines and watch the more controversial stuff go by at a distance, unless they are feeling they need someone to be mean to them

Skipper

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hello Ana,

may i add my encouragement to enable all of us to speak our minds, so what if we get "flamed"?

This is a brilliant arrangement . We have anonimity and yet we get to know one another at the same time

Try and treat it as fun. and i have learned a lot and its wonderful when someone says something that just somes up what we feel , and you think YES!!!.

Keep posting and I hope you are son better.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Ana,in some cases people jump the gun on trolls.Many times its just a newbie who dosen`t understand the interaction of the board,taken for a troll.Other times it`s a troll you recognise,with a new name,playing games with the innocent and or the good hearted.Then theres the troll whose just out to hurt as many as possible.I`ve come across all 3 just in the last few days.I try to give everyone a chance,I don`t even mind troll`s who mean no harm.It`s the abusers I dislike.Then theres the flame wars between the board regulars.Not much you can do about that except let-um duke it out.(LOL)Don`t let the stress that sometimes happens on the board get to you.I`ve had disagreements with my friends on the board,but I don`t mind because we always work it out,or agree to disagree.For the most part we have a good group on this board..I hope your ailment clears up,you are one of the kindest,giving persons on the board.Not to mention your a pretty lady.....OUTLAW

• Solace
    Solace

Not me.
    I say what I feel.
    Growing up a J.W. I always had to keep quiet. I was never permitted to voice my doubts about the society.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    I say, speak your mind, if people didnt like diversity, they wouldnt be here.

• ladonna
    ladonna

Thanks for all your replies guys and girls,

But this thread was not intended for solely "myself". I am interested in others who feel either intimidatd or invisible. I do not feel invisible, but I hold back a hell of a lot.

Ana

• Simon
    Simon

You would not believe how timid Angharad is and 'scared' of posting ... I mean, my own wife asks me whether she should post a lot of things!

If she is timid then I'm sure others are too which maybe why so many lurk and never post.

After I have got all the tech upgrades out of the way I will be working hard a clamping down on the personal attacks again (which I must thank everyone for as we've not had many recently) to try and make the place a lot more welcoming / friendly so that people will take the plunge and join in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit