Flame Ups? Tired? Scared To Voice...............

by ladonna 47 Replies latest jw friends

• ladonna
    ladonna

I am wondering how many here are often reluctant to post their true opinions on certain subjects to evade being flamed, made to feel lesser than human, or being ganged up on?

I ask this as I have read threads and had things I would have liked to contribute, but feel I have already had so much stress that I cannot take the type of personal attacks that occur here.
    Before anyone jumps in and attacks that statement, I have had a recent physical illness that has stressed me beyond normal limits.

We have all seen it happen. Then along comes a Mr Nice Guy who sticks up for the attackers.

Ana...,of the "just cannot be bothered class".

Manners require time, and nothing is more vulgar than haste.
    —Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Prisca
    Prisca

I know what you mean.

There are often times when I have a different opinion to the majority, but canot be bothered posting it because I don't want the stress of being "attacked" (real or perceived). All too often I have had my person/ality attacked, rather than address the issue that was written about.

I've noticed that it's been pretty peaceful of late. I've also noticed that certain ones that like to attack haven't been posting lately. Coincidence? I don't think so.

I'm enjoying the peace.

• WindRider
    WindRider

Ana, I can relate to what you are saying. Being shy anyway, I am more reticent to speak my mind depending on the topic. Unless of course it is something that really gets my German temper flaring, in which case I throw caution to the wind, post anyway and then quietly slink away if my words are jumped on.

But Im trying to work on speaking my mind, stand by what I think, unless someone's reasoning (notice I said reasoning as opposed to insults) makes me see things differently, and not worry so much if someone disagrees with me.

I am so sorry to hear about your illness. I hope it is something you will be feeling better from soon. You seem like such a sweetheart.

Windrider

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Ana,

Sorry to 'hear' you've been sick. Hope you're feeling better real soon.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

HAHAHA.
    All the bloody time.
    I dont say 9/10th of what I think because I dont want to offend anyone. Or be controversial. Or be screamed down by 20 people Id be expected to defend myself against.
    I cant believe how often people are guilty themselves of what they accuse the other person of.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire
    I've noticed that it's been pretty peaceful of late. I've also noticed that certain ones that like to attack haven't been posting lately. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Prisca: "provocative paranoid" class

• Angharad
    Angharad

I often feel like that Ana, thats why 99% of my postings are in reply to fluff!

Hope your feeling better

• larc
    larc

Now,

For all of you who have reservations about expressing yourself, and feel like your words might be misinterpreted, and some people might jump on you and em-bare-ass you, I say don't worry about it, and kick ass.

I'm sorry I went too far. I used a bad word. Please forgive me if you can.

Well, in my opinion, it is better to go too far, than not far enough. Of course, my wife, old what's her name, would disagree with me, but what does she know. Well, she knows a lot, but that is a story for another day.

Well, I must be off. Of course, you all knew that already.

Hi Ho Silver Awaaaaaaaaay

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Since nobody bothers to respond to my witty posts I would take a nice ass beating here once in awhile just to tell that I'm still alive.

Oh who cares? It's a VIRTUAL discussion board for godsakes. You don't have to respond. You don't have to read them. You certainly shouldn't take it to heart if some jerk comes along and flames you.

And another thing, I like fredhall and I don't care who flames me. I think he's funny.

Slipnslidemaster: "Just because I look sexy on the cover of Rolling Stone doesn't mean I'm naughty."
    - Britney Spears

• Prisca
    Prisca

I like Fred Hall too and I think the person pretending to be this character has a great sense of humour.

Slip - glad you changed your pic. And so quickly too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit