Flame Ups? Tired? Scared To Voice...............

by ladonna 47 Replies latest jw friends

• ladonna
    ladonna

Pris,

I'm sorry you have felt this way as well, I had no idea you were holding back on some of your natural resposes.

Wind,
    Yes, we introverts have difficulty enough anyway, without being hounded for our own opinion. I hope the "Germanic" you sufaces when required. About my illness, I didn't bring it up to gain anything, but if I didn't put it up I would be told I was stupid for not being able to take the flame-ups. "Covering my butt with fact"!!

Oz,
    I'm doing really well thanks, just need to relax and slow down a little.

Ang,
    I never thought that you would feel this way. Thankyou for telling this Ang. If anyone should be able to speak their mind here, it is most certainly you!

Refiners,
    You are holding your own...btw, you have mail!!!!

Larc,
    You have made some great points as usual, and you used a naughty word that you know damn well we will forgive you for!!
    Have you some pointers as to how to stay emotionally detattched? They would be greatly appreciated by myself, and others too by the responses.

Slippy,

I love your posts, and I frequently reply. Maybe you never go back to see!!

Oh who cares? It's a VIRTUAL discussion board for godsakes. You don't have to respond. You don't have to read them. You certainly shouldn't take it to heart if some jerk comes along and flames you.
    Slippy, when it gets into your "private email" it's different! No further comment on this one. The matter is sorted!

I like Fred too, and I don't give a damn who knows!

Ana

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

OMG!!! You get PRIVATE emails? You bastards!! I hate you all!!!

Anyway, I never read my own posts. I get so ashamed and embarrased that I just can't face them. It's like they're mocking me with their tiny pixels. Can't you feel them? Staring at you? Laughing?

Slipnslidemaster:"Baywatch has enriched and, in many cases, helped save lives. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to continue with a project which has has such a significance for so many."
    - David Hasselhoff

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

ladonna. thanks. nice story.

• ladonna
    ladonna

Most welcome, Refiner

• dmouse
    dmouse

Personally, if I see someone posting against the tide of opinion, I tend to want to compliment them for their courage. If we disagree with someone then I think it is ok to explain why in respectful terms.
    I don't tend to get attacked because I'm not a high frequency or high profile poster. Though good ole Fred has irked me at times, not for attacking me but for refusing to engage in discussion.
    But if I do get attacked then I don't really care - everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

We should value diversity.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I know perfectly well that my fingers can get completely carried away with themselves when I respond to certain types of posts.

I am sure on occasion I do jump at a reasonably stated moderate opinion. That is wrong.

But, as with Adam http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=21149&site=3 , I see nothing wrong with dealing with someone in the currency they deal in. Sometimes it highlights what they are doing.

I don't think that's what you mean ladonna. Correct me if I am wrong.

Sometimes people will say something morally objectional, or just plain wrong. Again, normally, the way it is said is of import, for example;

"All faggots will burn in hell, they're evil child abusing perverts"

Will get both barrels.

"I'm not comfortable with people openly expressing their homosexuality, I have strong feelings about the morality of it, and would rather they just kept quiet"

Would get moderated disagreement.

"Evolutionists are credulous fools, Jesus is alive! Prove me wrong, show me his grave"

Will get laughed at. Harsh perhaps, but human...

"I have read of evidence that severely undermines the credibility of evolutionary theory (x,y,z)"

Will get a detailed and considered response.

"You fools, Jehovah will punish you, you apostates!"

Will get laughed at...

"How can you say JW's are wrong about (x,y,z)

Will get a proper reply.

That's how I and I think many people deal with it.

Basically, I agree with you, but if someone is provoking then surprisingly enough, they provoke people, and they can just deal with that. If someone states something in a reasonable way, even if it's dumb, there is a good chance of a sympathetic responce.

Ad Hom comments are problematical; in my family, even though they are all Dubs, dinner table debate was rough and ready, "You're absolutely mad" being such a common rejoinder it didn't mean anything, and spirited speculation as to WHY someone was saying something, often way off topic. For others, rough and ready debate is harder, and is something those of us with thick skins should be aware of more.

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

• Valentine
    Valentine

Hiyas Aba,
    You echoed my sentiments! Thanks.hugs,T

Todays Affirmation:
    The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign that the conspiracy is working.

• ladonna
    ladonna

Abbadon,

"Basically" I agree with you. But I feel that people are sometimes too fast to call someone a "troll".

The best statement you made was...

Basically, I agree with you, but if someone is provoking then surprisingly enough, they provoke people, and they can just deal with that. If someone states something in a reasonable way, even if it's dumb, there is a good chance of a sympathetic responce.
    Here I agree 100%.

I am talking about instances where one may say something in agreement with a poster that is "not the flavor of the month" and being flamed up for it.
    In other words, having their "own" opinion without feeling like they have to go Baaaaaaaaaaa to the crowd of sheep, just to remain visible.
    I have seen a fair amount of "invisibility" on this forum, where posts are not even answered. I speak not of myself, but of others. Yet many will post over and over on a "high profile" posters thread, even if the "newbie", or whatever, has great input.
    I now seek out the little answered threads and find little diamonds.

I am talking "balance".

Thanks for a great post, I like your balanced view.
    Ana

• Englishman
    Englishman

Ana,

Nope! I say what I feel at the time, I don't give a monkeys if I get flamed.

I never forget though...........heh heh heh.

Englishman.

Truth exists;only falsehood has to be invented. -Georges Braque

• ladonna
    ladonna

Englishman,

You have class!

Ana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit