"Drugs are demonic, mmmmkay?"

by Mr. Falcon 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• elderelite
    elderelite

This has always been a pet peve of mine as well... Just want to add a bit to the stupidity of the reason behind the "ban" on drugs

It does indeed relate to the greek word pharmakia which they claim translates as "druggery" OR "spiritisum"! How do the two relate...? According to Ole freddie franz, the greeks would drugs to help them get in touch with the spirit world and use drugs in their worship.. Surley we would never want to immitate that! (rolling my eyes)

But here where we go from dumb to dummber.... EVIDENTLY(tm wt society) demons can only screw with you if you are using drugs recreationally. Perscription drugs dont open the mind to demon attack. Even if its the same drugs, its the intent behind taking it that the demons read and make use of! Or maybe jehovah protects you if NEED the drug... Whatever the case, its one of those "dont think about it, trust us cause we know greek" things. So glad to have god's organazation to think for me :-)

Oh yea

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Of course Drug use can open yourself to the influences of Demons!!!

I remember a Sister who smoked some Marijuana and was standing in front of a mirror and said....

"Satan ...show yourself"

And you know WHAT?........... Her reflection disappeared and Satan was looking right at her!!!

So there is proof the WTS is right!

Even thou I have smoked myself stupid and smoked plenty over the past 10 years....

And have never had an experience from Demons.

The only thing that has happened to me is ...

sitting in front of the TV waiting for My Playstation Madden Football game to start for 10 minutes....

"Come ON START!".......Whoops STUPID....press start DUH! LOL

• cantleave
    cantleave

A bit off topic, but relevant.

When I was in school one of my teachers discussed that he used yoga and transendental (or as I prefer to call it "transvestite") meditation techniques and how they were great for clearing the mind and as a way of relaxing. All the way through I was sitting in the class think that this guy must be demonised, because the WT said these things open the way for dumunz to enter the mind.

I kept away from him from that point on despite the fact this guy was one the most supportive and approachable teachers in the school. Another example

I found out a few years back he died tragically in a motorcycle accident.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I was sold a lot of misinformation about drugs by my parents.

Demons wasn't one of them (But they used them in other ways).

Once out in the real world, I quickly discovered that drugs weren't the bogeyman they had been cracked up to be, and that as long as you kept yourself to recreational use, the scary stories and images were not going to happen to me.

Everything is OK in moderation, even drugs and religion, but mixing the two can be a problem and has produced some right nutters in my time. I'm sure Revelations was inspired by psilocybin, The imagery could have been cut and pasted out of my own trips and the Greek islands do have some very fine mushrooms.

• dm6
    dm6

i shouldnt say this right now, but it is the Gods honest truth, I am totalled right now on valium. I love it. no stress, no worries, no anxiety. Pure bliss.

• sizemik
    sizemik

A lot of the stronger pain-killers are opiate derivatives or synthetic variations thereof. A huge proportion of those with chronic pain problems use these drugs regularly . . . and become addicted to them. Even if pain thresholds are not being particularly challenged, the user will continue with a regular dose to feed the addictive habit that results.

The use of these drugs, motivation and ethical considerations aside, should open the user up to the same demonic influences as a heroin user. However, I'm sure many older JW's had their passage to paradise sweetened by opiate derivatives without any demonic influence . . . and were probably completely unaware of the contradiction.

A epiphanic moment occurred to me as a JW when I was admitted to hospital with a kidney stone . . . and pumped full of pethidine intravenously. The rush and high was almost identical to that I experienced in my old drug-dabbling days . . . in fact I rather enjoyed the experience. The 100mg shots were delivered every 4 hours and I was quite looking forward to their arrival each time. No demons . . . just a few pretty nurses.

It's really just another element of fear of "Satans world" . . . and to reinforce the gulf between "them and us". Stripped of that, most recreational drugs are just chemicals that can create temporary neurological responses. The problems come from dose levels, hygeine, addiction, overuse, and the social problems of prohibition . . . not the drug itself.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

great points, everyone. As regard prescription pain killers, anybody wanna wager as to how many JWs are secretly addicted to them? And if they reason as it was mentioned in a comment above as "Well, Jehovah protects me because he knows I NEED these drugs", then they are even more delusional. Case in point, again let's consider dear old Mother Falcon. She is on 3 separate narcotics, plus Requip for restless leg syndrome. She even goes on and off with a narcotic pain patch that she slaps right on to her arm. Ignoring the dosage instructions on the bottle, she takes whatever she feels like whenever. Recently, I was doing some yard work and I severely messed up my back. I went to go bum a pain pill from her and she hands my Oxycodone. The bottle says take 1 every 4 hours. She says, "Yeah I ususally take 2 at a time." (in addition to her 3,000 other drugs she takes). My jaw dropped.

Recently she was in the hospital for an illness and she was giving the nurses quite a difficult time. You see, in the hospital, the nurses can only follow the pain medicines instructions, they can't bypass them and give you whatever, whenever you want it. She was crying, begging me and Old Man Falcon to smuggle her in drugs from her stash at home. But she loves to make comments against "dirty satan worshippers who smoke their weed."

"Thank Jehovah, my mind isn't corrupted by drug use!"

• sizemik
    sizemik

Mr F . . . as a case in point . . . I doubt they come any better . . .

No disrespect . . . but perhaps Mother Falcon has earned the name "legion"

• VIII
    VIII

Talked to my Mom this morning, discussion turned to BIL. Her take? He's demonized!!

After this thread I almost laughed out loud!! She brought up his pain killers and then, "He's demonized you know?" All I could think about was this thread and drugs = demons.

I wonder, do demons embed themselves into Oxy pills and rise up in ones stomach? Does a whole Linda Blair/Excorcist thing need to happen to get rid of it (them) or will simply going to the Betty Ford Clinic work?

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

LMAO @ Charlie, that must've been some gooooood shit the sister was smoking! Might've been laced with PCP. haha.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit