"Drugs are demonic, mmmmkay?"

by Mr. Falcon 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Right on Sweeney. Demons are like MacGyver. they can do anything.

good to hear from you, my friend.

• VIII
    VIII

No, BIL was not a JW. I was at the time. My sis had recently got married to him and was DFd as a result of hooking up with him.

• Scully
    Scully

It's funny, isn't it, how the demons can differentiate between legitimate prescription medication and the very same medications when consumed illegally, without prescription.

Deyz freaky smart, dem demunz.

• PenelopePaige
    PenelopePaige

I was not raised a JW's so I never really heard this about demons coming when you are "open" by being on drugs but I actually believe it can happen. I have a brother with a very bad drug problem and when I've seen him messed up, he has the most insidious look in his eyes and all he wants to do is wreak havoc. I actually at times have thought a demon has inhabited his being. when you look into his eyes it's not even him, it's something else. And it's scary.

• talesin
    talesin

Alcohol is a drug. Oh, yeah, it's legal ...

not that "caesar's laws" mean anything to them ... besides, how many members would they lose if they included alcohol in their superstitious chicanery? BAM! KH is empty!

t

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Drugs are what you make of them. I had a blast after I left the lie. Did all kinds of stuff. I don't regret a minute of it. I've had fewer encounters with demons than half the folks at the hall (as in none). Smoked pot (do they still call it pot?) every day after work. I got bored and stopped. That was all between the ages of 20 and 25. Long ago. Now I'm more interested in Iron, Fiber and a good Cabernet.

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

A classic pro-pot scripture : 1 Tim 4:4,5 : "The reason for this is that every creation of God is fine, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 5 for it is sanctified through God’s word and prayer over [it]."

If God created the herb, He knew what He was doing.

• Diest
    Diest

Remember you can ear pot you just cant smoke it

Gen 1:29,30

And God went on to say: “ Here I have given to YOU all vegetation bearing seed which is on the surface of the whole earth and every tree on which there is the fruit of a tree bearing seed. To YOU let it serve as food. And to every wild beast of the earth and to every flying creature of the heavens and to everything moving upon the earth in which there is life as a soul I have given all green vegetation for food.” And it came to be so.

• rebel8
    rebel8

If the demons are such powerful spirit creatures, why can they only attack us if our minds are "blank" from substance abuse?

Because dubs exercised a Secret Superhero Power TM known as Mental Demon Resistance. It involved 'always meditating on spiritual things', meaning you were not allowed to daydream and idle chatter was discouraged. Read a wt in the 4th grade cafeteria while you're drinking your chocolate milk! Listen to Kingdumb Melodies on your Walkman instead of Madonna! Imprisonment is no excuse--simply use your superpower to meditate on The Truth TM !

That is what innoculates you against demons. Once you let your mind go idle (blank), you are opening it up to demons. That is why drugs, yoga, or relaxation techniques are not allowed.

The way the superpower works is you do all the work and the big man in the sky waves his magic wand so it will keep the demons at bay.

I wrote a paper on this practice in a sociology course and got an A. My professor had me read it aloud to the class. Everyone was fascinated. I called it the mental commune.

• Scully
    Scully

Once you let your mind go idle (blank), you are opening it up to demons. That is why drugs, yoga, or relaxation techniques are not allowed.

Oh, and don't even THINK about going for hypnosis.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit