Anyone wanna place a bet on what will happen to me when I have to go to the Kingdom Hall this Saturday??

by Coffee House Girl 49 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest
    This is the biggest insult you can offer the dead to give them a funeral that disrespects the stand they made in life.

I don't mean to go too off-topic (and so apologize for the brief deviation), but... SO true, dear Nugget (peace to you... and to you all!). Which is why any who RISK a funeral/memorial service that they don't WANT should do as much as they can to make arrangements/prep BEFORE the time comes. Some of the worse things that could happen includes, but is not limited to things, like, while YOU may WANT to be buried, OTHERS may have you cremated. Or you may WANT your ashes cast out to sea, but someone just might dump them on the side of the road. Or, you may NOT want someone uttering some WTBTS BS "eulogy"... that you absolutely do NOT believe in... to your surviving loved ones and friends... but that may end up being the case. True, funerals/services can be expensive... and someone else may have to pay. If it's within YOUR power, however, one should consider paying in advance, if not writing down and having notarized what they want and/or do NOT want.

True, you're dead and so it may not truly matter; but, again, it might because it's about what you do... or do NOT... want your friends and loved ones to be subjected to.

Again, peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA, whose seen enough of these things go "against" what the deceased himself/herself apparently wanted...

• Scott77
    Scott77

Well, Iam not joking. I have caught these people many many times before and they were ashamed of that. In freezing winter, they would stalk my apt, 24hrs a day, taking turns by turns and to the extend, would bring in van load of JWs, all to stalk me. What a shame these people are! And, you know, Iam not even a JW, did DA myself and the WTS aknowledged that via a letter. Unfortunately, higher wisdom dictates that you should view these people as victim of hardcore indoctrination by the WTS. Sometimes, innocent children and youth were recruited to participate in this illegal stalking game. Coffee House Girl, you are in a precarious situation. You will never be left alone regardless of how long it takes. They will hound you for many years. Best solution is to speak to your attorney and formally DA yourself with a letter. Must warn them of serious legal repercusion. I believe, they will take notice of that. Never give them an excuse that you will reurn back one day.

Good luck.

Scott77

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Thanks for your kind words everyone! I will pass them along to my brother-

NVR2L8- I hear ya....when you know your going into a situation where you face either fake niceness or an inquisition- hidden agenda's make by ass twitch- hope you can find a way out of that one-

Jamie- I hopefully will be able to escape with my brother and we can go catch a bite together in peace

Flipper- always keeping me on the task of a successful fade :) thanks so much

Scott77- you do bring up a good point & I will be sure to watch my back- thanks

wish me luck tomo!!!

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

A Guest- ah yes...I tried to ask my parents about funeral planning and they didn't want to do it...always hard thing to ask- Mom did keep her promise to bury him in a casket and not cremate him, but she figured I'm sure that since he is "asleep in death" it doesn't matter to him if he has a JW funeral instead of just a graveside service

I will get my arrangemnts in writing...I just purchased a burial plot next to my parents, thats a start...

CHG

• coffee shop guy
    coffee shop guy

So I won't be going to the service on Saturday with CHG but when she returns home we'll share those 's and I'll listen to her days events. I just bottled 5gal of an Irish Red brewed a few weeks ago, maybe we'll try one out.

I put some time into making the flyer and I to am a little down hearted about the change.

I would dread option "b", fear "c" and would love to watch "a" happen. I'm an outsider with a sick sense of humor.

I will personally love bomb CHG when she comes home and it won't be to get her reinstated .

Thank you all for your help and involvment with this weekends wager. I'm sure CHG will tell us all wht happened.

CSG

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

CHG, My concern is this. You mentioned that you had to get a cease-and-desist order against the elders who were hounding you.

By your going to their KH, would you be nullifying that c&d order? Would the elders perceive it as a nullification?

If so, that means that they will feel that they can pester you again, and you'll have opened a can of worms.

Edited to add: Actually, by your setting foot in their KH, you are giving them the 'right' to have a 'backroom talk' with you. You are 'associating' with other JWs, and they may feel that you are trying to influence some... and they won't stand for that.

Kinda risky if you ask me.

What I would do if put in similar circumstances (and did for my ex-father-in-law - who passed on, and they held a memorial at the KH), would be to show up prior to the services, sign the book, view the deceased, show respect to the family and friends... then leave prior to the first words spoken from the platform.

Of course, you may not be able to do that if you are there for moral support for your mom or someone else.

Just my .02 worth.

Regards,

Jim TX

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I will get my arrangemnts in writing...I just purchased a burial plot next to my parents, thats a start...

GOOD start, dear CHG (peace to you!). It often is a "touchy" subject, but love should prompt us to try and handle these matters, when they related to ourselves, so our loved ones don't HAVE to... and no one's unclear as to what WE wanted. True, such events are for the living, so perhaps there should be a discussion about it before the time comes. But I would advise EVERYONE, if they are able to:

1. Complete an Advanced Medical Directive (unless you have given the choice of your medical status to someone - I have, to my husband because since he's the one who'll have to "deal" with my state at the time, I think he should make the decision). You ESPECIALLY want to do this if you have ANY fears that you might NOT be given blood, if you need it... or BE given it if you don't want it. Or wish to be resucitated... or not, etc. If you really CANNOT trust those who might be looked to for your care to fulfill YOUR wishes, you really need to handle this matter NOW.

2. Establish a Living Trust, if you can/have assets that need it; if not,

3. At a minimum, create a Will. Yes, you can write it out in your hand (yes, that will hold up at law - it's called a "Holographic" Will)... but be sure to DATE and sign it! If you have assets, you can create a Will that "pours over" into a trust. You don't need to have a hand-written Will notarized/witnessed, but it's a good idea. A typed document MUST be "witnessed."

4. Write out what you would LIKE to have occur in the event of your injury/demise (care, burial, cremation, urn, box, cemetery, eulogy, whatever...)

5. To help you GREATLY... get burial insurance and/or at least START making your own arrangements... (for example, as dear CHG - and my husband and I have done)... purchase your plot/crypt/vault/shelf/urn (you can do any of this on installment). That way, you KNOW where you'll end up, if that's important to you!

I do not mean to be morbid, here... or hijack dear CHG's thread (my apologies, dear one!). I only mean to be practical and help those who it may help avoid some of what she's going through, if possible. And it may be possible, especially if things are planned ahead, to alleviate SOME of our loved ones grief and stress... because they will have less to worry about.

Dear CSB... peace to you... and GOOD for you - love bomb away!

Peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

P.S. CHG's attending her father's memorial at a KH does NOT negate her "cease and desist" order. She is not coming to the KH to attend a meeting of JWs, per se (i.e., Public Talk, WT Study, TMS, etc.), but her father's funeral. In that light, their contact with her is limited to whatever's related to that purpose ONLY. True, someone can try to discuss "living forever", etc., with her... but all she need do is politely decline.

• itscrap&theyknowit!
    itscrap&theyknowit!

Hey, CHG. My sympathies!!!! {{{HUG!!!}}} Your dad went in peace, I'm sure, knowing that you were there.

Let's see? I'll bet B and C. They WILL come after you, cunningly. When my dad passed and even at his memorial service they would speak to my family with the sublime message to me, "Well, you know, we've got to make sure we do well to stay in Jehovah's love so that we can welcome him back." Whatever!!!!!

Jehovah knows YOUR HEART! You will be just fine in time. Keep doing what you're doing and keep the JWS at bey. It makes them feel good to know they have finally "squashed" you once you give them the floor to demean you. I don't give them the time of day. That's why they steer clear.

Luv ya and may peace be in your heart.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

CHG!

I decided not to go. My wife was upset, but I told her I didn't want to give anyone the false impression that I coming back in the picture, especially after I told the elders who dropped by a few months back that I wanted to be left alone. All of them were there, so I am happy I stayed home. She said several asked for me...and many others said hello...I guess no one has really figured out why they don't see me at their gatherings ever. They must still think that I am still travelling for work a lot.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

NVR2L8- thanks for the update! I'm sure you were relieved to not have to face that - sometimes it is better to stand your ground and not give the dubbies false hope-

I'm so glad to have my ordeal done...I got the shun- but that was okay by me...I skipped out on the meal afterward since I knew the dubbies would be very uncomfortable with the dilema of having to eat with a "wrongdoer" such as me..so I made it easier on them and skipped out!

Ahhh....now I can try to grieve like a "normal" person-

Thanks everyone for your concern & sympathies...they really did help me :)

CHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit