Does anybody on here TRULY believe in the Resurrection...and how?

by itscrap&theyknowit! 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Christ's promise of a resurrection depends entirely on His resurrection.

A dead Christ could not possibly keep that promise.

If Christ be raised, ascended and enthroned in heaven, it's just a matter of timing...and the hope of the resurrection of both just and unjust is simply deferred certainty.

• Isidore
    Isidore

Thanks for the heads up, New Chapter. Oh well, I tried.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Based on quantum physics, I believe when you die your afterlife or continued existence will be

as you imagine.

So, its imperitive that you be careful what you wish for.

I wouldnt wish to spend eterntiy with a buch of hypocritical pharisaical Jehovahs witnesses,

And I dont want pragmaticism and realism to lead me to an eternity of unconciousness/ nothingness.

Becareful what you wish for, be careful what you think about.

• VIII
  • Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

I believe in the bodily resurrection because I believe Jesus Christ was raised up from the dead in the flesh.

• VIII
    VIII

I need to hook all you believers up with my Mom. You can have a party around my dying, Atheist sisters bedside. Sing Watchtower songs and discuss how and what your resurrected bodies will look like.

Have I mentioned you're all nutz? No? Let this be the first.

Oh, and while you're at it pray for my sorry, evil ass. Thank you very much.

• itscrap&theyknowit!
    itscrap&theyknowit!

I want to thank all of you for your heart-felt answers. Yes. It does TRULY still bothers me when I reflect back on the answers the JWS used to give us regarding the resurrection. I had ALWAYS felt their answers were inadequate and unloving.

Being God Almighty, I would believe without a single doubt that he CAN and WILL do things beyond what our human brains can fathom. Also, I am impatient. WHEN will he do it???? I know that only because now this pain has personally made an impact on my life that I wish he would put into effect what he promised.

Like all of you...I can't wait for the resurrection to happen. Where ever it may be.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Based on quantum physics, I believe when you die your afterlife or continued existence will be as you imagine.

Could you expound more on this? Specifically how quantum physics informs your belief in an afterlife built around one's beliefs/wishes/thoughts?

I saw an interview with a guy about his near death experience and subsequent coma (he was "dead" for something like 6 minutes and in a coma for around four weeks after that). He swears that while dead he spent eternity in hell. Upon his recovery he was shocked to learn that he was only dead 6 minutes and out of it for less than a month. It felt like a literal eternity to him and he expressed feeling guilt about his workaholic, family-neglecting, materialistic lifestyle prior to his being shot and vowed to turn his life around and become a better man in all aspects so that when he dies again for good he can avoid going to that same place again.

So I believe that there is some merit to your view that one's state of mind at death is important in shaping what your afterlife appears to be for you. I have my doubts that it is a literal life or a literal eternity but if while dying one thinks/feels/believes that it is, what's really the practical difference?

So where/how does quantum physics fit in?

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I hope there was good reason to ban godrulz..sorry to hear when that happens ..

As far as resurrection goes I remember being "told" that when someone is resurrected they won't look the same but we would still know it was them by their actions.. That put a questoin mark in my mind that their may be a glitch in that resurrected teaching thing.. Wouldn't you think they would look the same?

Snoozy..

• jam
    jam

My daughter who is A Jw was telling me, that

her Mom who is also A JW made the statement,

she look forward to the resurrection to see her

Mom (not A JW).

I thought about this, no more are the baby boomers

thinking about walking hand in hand with thier love ones

into the new system.. They realize they may die before the

big one hit. You think this create problems for them.

A sister die and leave her husband, she know he will

marry one of the sisters before she is cold. Now

she will be in the new system alone, for millions of

years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit