Does anybody on here TRULY believe in the Resurrection...and how?

by itscrap&theyknowit! 29 Replies latest jw friends

• itscrap&theyknowit!
    itscrap&theyknowit!

I really want to see my Dad again!!!! I just wonder when this will occur. THOUSANDS of years have gone by. Does Jehovah really care? Then, I have read articles in the past that our loved ones won't be presented to us with the bodies they had before (in perfect health, of course).

Something about how God will not be able to perfectly copy that 'physical' person again. He can perfectly 'copy' the resurrected ones thoughts and what not. But not their 'physical' bodies????? You know? To bring them back as the human we knew and loved. I want my Dad with all his beautiful qualities and deep voice and infectious laugh. I don't want him in a body I don't know! How cruel!

Jehovah is Jehovah, right?! Why wouldn't he be able to make us "as we were", again?????

• cantleave
    cantleave

In actual fact the JW doctrine is re-creation NOT resurrection!

• cantleave
  • godrulz
    godrulz

Yes, WT is like recreating a clone. The biblical position is that resurrection is bodily, physical. God is omnipotent, supernatural. All men will be raised with resurrection bodies. Decomposed bodies, burned bodies, etc. are not a problem for the Creator of the universe. WT believes that many or most will be resurrected after Armageddon for a second chance. As an opposer of WT and never been a JW, I don't know if they think I will be part of this. I am not Hitler and oppose WT on the basis of biblical convictions.

As to loved ones, God will do the right thing (Gen. 18:25). We can trust Him, but we should not promote false hopes.

The biblical position (IMHO) is that there is not one general resurrection, but a variety of resurrections. Jesus is the first fruits. Church Age saints (Pentecost to rapture) will be raised before the 7 year Tribulation at the rapture (I Cor. 15; I Thess. 4) when Jesus comes back invisibly for the saints (1914 invisible return is WT, not fact). At the end of the Trib (Armageddon), Jesus will raise Old Testament saints and Trib saints who died under Antichrist during the Trib. Unregenerate from the ages and those who died during the 1000 years will be raised after the millennium at the Great White Throne judgment. Unbelievers will be cast into the lake of fire (Rev. 20-21). The only ones going into Paradise earth are the Trib saints who survive Armageddon. 144K is not the two class WT system (they are Jews saved during the Trib, super-evangelists). The Great Crowd actually has a heavenly hope (as WT once taught, but no longer does so).

Soul sleep is also not biblical. When we die, Lk. 16 is the picture.

This is the majority view of most evangelicals, but there are other views held by some (including inclusivism, annihilationism, post-Trib rapture, amillennial, etc.).

The important issue is our relationship with God through Christ. The destiny of those who have not heard, etc. is in the hands of a loving, holy, merciful, just God whom we can trust.

The reason the resurrection has not happened yet is that He is not willing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9). He is not slow in keeping His promise. Just as He came the first time fulfilling prophecy, so He will come again, perhaps today, the Second time. The Dating Game is forbidden, so the carrot before donkey approach of WT should be rejected (cf. Harold Camping in Christian circles).

I believe it is on topic to answer this thread title and that there is a fine line between teaching personal beliefs and preaching in way that is forcing beliefs on someone without allowing them freedom to embrace their own views.

• Bella15
    Bella15

I do believe in the resurrection ... but I leave all the details to Jesus. It is a topic that I take by Faith. There are many opinions on the subject. Do your research. Ask God to reveal the answer, you'll see that in due time you will find what you are looking for ... keep knocking, keep asking, keep searching.

• godrulz
    godrulz

I would be interested in your understanding, bella, and the basis for it? Apart from the Bible, I am not sure how we can have an informed opinion on the topic.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I believed the WTS teaching on resurrection until I woke up just over two years ago, now I don't believe in any afterlife, it's just a fairy tale like the Muslims and their 72 virgins etc. Nor do I believe the creation account, the Adam & Eve story or the Flood.

It came as a rude awakening to think I had believed this stuff for over 60 years.

George

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I believe in the resurrection.

• godrulz
    godrulz

60 years?! You are the opposite of Anthony Flew who followed the evidence and moved from prominent atheist to theist near the end of his life (probably Deist, not Christian).

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

60 years? Who are you talking to, Godrulz?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit