What was the JW breaking point 4 U?

by ashitaka 61 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Greed, or abuse.

Guarantee you, if a man hit his kids for every little thing, he would be looked upon more favorably than if he was caught smoking. He could beat his kids to a pulp, and dragging on a fag would get the elders more in a tizzy.

My father beat us for years, but the elders did nothing, not even repremanded him. They repremanded us for 'egging him on' which is a load of horseshit.

Yet, people are disfellowshipped for making love-I just don't get it.

ashi

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Rem,

Quote: “My first and last public talk was the "You Will Reap What You Sow" outline and I went into how we should not be like the Judiazers who made so many rules. I went into beards, blood trasfusions, voting. I had a couple meetings with the elders afterward because my talk upset a few of them - they thought it sounded apostate."

That talk got me in trouble for over 15 years. Like you I got away with it by backing up my comments with WT Quotes. I got to where I would hold the WT up during the talk and read from it, anticipating a hassle.

Many guys who gave that talk didn’t even understand the Judaizer part. My outline evolved to where I spent most of the 45 minutes on the “over scrupulous” versus freedom in Christ.

Mine was a long slow process of leaving. Getting on the internet and discovering people there who I could relate to more than the brothers at the hall was probably the breaker.
    Jst2laws

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit