What was the JW breaking point 4 U?

by ashitaka 61 Replies latest jw friends

• wham
    wham

to all you people who say you aren't JW any more, why do you hang around here lurking, are you trying to convert the rest of us away or you just can't help yourselves with your high almighty views and need to come back here and tell us because nobody else cares about you veiws anyway.

• 25ashitaka25
    25ashitaka25

you're absolved, wham.

:)):):):):):):)

ashi

• LB
    LB

Wham for many of us we look upon this site as a support group. Some of course are trying to spread the truth about the truth. Others are still in an angry state too and venting helps.

I like staying in touch with people who know what it's been like for me. My friends here honestly haven't a clue about what I've had to deal with.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Wham some of us delight in making the lives of Watchtower trolls miserable.

Now to my post...my breaking point came after I gave my local body of elders some carefully researched papers about the epidemic of mental illness that had spread in the dub community after the prophetic disconfirmation of 1975.

Not only did they hand back my papers all torn into little bits, they told me they went to the local college library where I got the references from and destroyed the articles and books as well. I knew then I was in the company of the world's biggest hypocrites and it didn't take me long to leave after that.

Skipper

• LB
    LB

Wow MC that's amazing. Hard to believe they would stoop that low. A good old fashioned book burning, what fun!!

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• 25ashitaka25
    25ashitaka25

MC, that's great. The fact that it was in little pieces means you really set them off. Must have been a hell of an article...

ashi

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Believe it or not, Wham, reading what happened to others and sharing what happened to me helps heal the pain many of us feel. Pain acquired at the hands of Jehovah's Witnesses. I am also active, under another name, in a group on Yahoo consisting of whoever served in the unit I did in Vietnam. Sharing our stories of what happened then and how our lives have been since helps us all put things in perspective and also we can help others who are in need simply by being there and listening.

How many times has the Watchtower brought out, "quick to listen, slow to speak?" Excellent advice. Too bad more in positions of responsibility within the JWs don't follow it. In my personal dealings with elders, often elders 10 to 15 years younger than me and who have never experienced life other than through a Kingdom Hall, they were way too interested in "setting me straight," even though they made absolutely no efforts to get the truth. They judged me and then convicted me. Of course, if I submitted to their will and served my time in reprove, all could be forgiven. Why should I have admitted to lies to make them feel superior?

So, I am here seeking help by helping any who wish it.

Mind if I ask why you are here? If you are a JW in good standing, why are you coming to a site dedicated to those who are called apostates? If you desire help, just let us know and many of us are willing to help you.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

TO WHAM - AND IN CONCLUSION-- opinions are like buttholes everybody has one even you WHAM !!!!--I LOVE THIS SITE and most all that I have met on it AND ((((hugs)))) EVERYONE !!! IT is the greatest around but this IS just my OPINION and to me my opinions are gold..):):):)

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

The couldn't proove to me that the Bible was the only god-inspired book without using..well...the Bible! Plus seeing the obese alcoholic elders destroying their bodies and yet stalking people for accusations of smoking! And to top it off, while I was in nursing school and already working as an ER tech I strongly began to disagree with their stance on the blood issue, esp. when it come to children...

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    seeing the obese alcoholic elders destroying their bodies and yet stalking people for accusations of smoking!

Oh yes! I remember when the WTS made smoking a DF offense and we were to give known smokers in the congregation 6 months to give it up. Since then I was instrumental in DF a couple of brothers for smoking even though, I regret to admit, I wasn't in total harmony with it. I did voice my disapproval over the years, and part of the doubts about it I had was just this point that Daniel has brought out, namely, the seeming 'turning a blind eye' to greed and yet picking on smoking.

I reconciled it in my mind at the time as smoking being easy to identify whereas, how do you quantify greed?

Now I realise that it's another evidence of the legalism of the WTS.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit