The JWs are imperfect, so what?

by Rocky_Girl 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cantleave
    cantleave

The law of Moses came directly from God. God engraved the stones himself. Therefore although Moses was imperfect the law came from the perfect hand of god and was infallible.

The GB say they are directed by spirit but not inspired by it. Their writings come from the writing committee not god. They are fallible.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Imperfection, sure. Telling 7 million people to die for your imperfect doctrine or face disfellowshipping? That's more than just imperfection.

• average joe
    average joe

Let me play devils advocate here LOL

Is there a religion that would ever say they are perfect and don't make mistakes? Has any relgion ever said that they don't have any problems in their religion?

Religion is the reason for most of the wars.

Catholics with their pedophile problem and love idols and traditions, crazy penetcostals who dance with snakes, bomb crazy muslims, churchs with their fake healings and constantly begging for your money. Lets not also forget the dark ages where people were kept in the dark as far as the bible and tarred and featherd or tortured for going against the church.

" evil is never done so complete as when its done in the name of religion"

I would say if your going to judge a religion judge them all equally with the same measuring stick. I can point out a hundred problems with every religion.

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

Ah! There was proof of God's choice. I hadn't thought of the tablets. But what did the tablets say? Ten commandments - not the entire law: that came later. Written by men. Did it say that they were God's chosen people? I will have to check out what tradition says.

illuminator - good point

• sabastious
    sabastious
    should we ever tolerate imperfection in one doctrine and no others?

The Witnesses don't believe any of their doctrines are imperfect just the people in the Organization that apply the doctrine.

-Sab

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

UNDERCOVER

YES YES!!!!

The Mans a Menice!!!!

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

Average Joe: I agree with you wholeheartedly. Every belief should be measured equally. I am instantly turned off of any group that claims to have all the answers and no room for doubt.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Because, face it, every belief system is based on one of two unprovable doctrines - that God exists or that God does not exist.

That statement is wrong, but not because of the "unprovable doctrines" assertion, which is true.

Those who think there is no God have no doctrines. A doctrine is a belief system. The lack of belief is simply that. It is neither a doctrine becasue it implies nothing nor is it a belief because it believes nothing about a god.

Atheism is not a belief system nor is it a religion.

I am not an atheist.

Farkel

• nugget
    nugget

Imperfection is not a credible defence against wrongdoing otherwise the courts would be unable to prosecute. As adults we take responsibility for our actions and accept that when we cause harm we must attempt restitution. The issue with the organisation is that it sees no need to show compassion and care for the flock nor to take responsibility for poor decisions. If the accept that they are imperfect then they must also accept the need to apologise and make things better.

Arrogance and tyranny are not imperfection they are arrogance and tyranny. Lying to cover mistakes means they are liars. So they are not just imperfect they are also corrupt. Any God would find this sort of representation a joke.

• Tralfamadorian
    Tralfamadorian

Assuming God did choose the Israelites as his own peculiar people, look what happened by the time Jesus made the scene. According to the witnesses Abraham knew in advance that the Israelites were chosen as the line through which Jesus would come and that it was only temporary. By the time Jesus was born, the Israelite nations were no longer his chosen people, but the spiritual Israelites were.

In any case, most of the beliefs I've studied, show the Old Testament God, "Old Nobodaddy" to be very capricious, vindictive and vengeful. Sorry, I don't buy that he was Jesus' dad.

As an aside, is it only me or are there any of you who also feel a sort of animosity toward Jehovah or the Father but still love Jesus?

I mean think of it: God=Love, Jehovah's name is JEALOUS but love is NOT jealous. So...yeah. Get where I'm going with this?

Sanctify Yourself

In the Image of God, suddenly we were there.
    The construct of his tossing and turning,
    Upon his couching of words.
    Things which could go wrong,
    How we'd feel when we stirred.
    There were two trees in the middle of the garden
    But which was which? who can say?
    And what was there to hide anyhow?
    And where did this palooza start,
    If not in God's own image?
    And a devil is but a lurking doubt,
    A siren from the other side.
    Slithering words from what origin?
    Is this all prefab? What is there to prove?
    If God is Love, but his name is JEALOUS,
    And Love is NOT Jealous,
    Who hides behind the curtain, pushing buttons
    And turning knobs?
    If not ourselves, the Silent Witness whispers,
    Sanctify yourselves, and be made holy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit