The JWs are imperfect, so what?

by Rocky_Girl 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cantleave
    cantleave

Imperfect men are allowed to come up with imperfect conclusions. But, they should not then say those conclusions are truth. They should not tell their followers that those imperfect conclusions should not be challnged and sanctions should not be imposed on those who do challenge them.

They can not have their cake and eat everyone elses.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"We can prove that we are God's chosen people. Just as he chose Israel of old he chooses Jehovah's Witnesses now."

There is a big difference..

God chose the Israelites as Gods people..

The WBT$ chose Jehovah`s Witness`s as Gods People..God never got a say in it..

Then the WBT$ fired Jesus as mediator..

Theres nothing God can do about it..God wouldn`t have a Job without the WBT$..

.....................;-)...OUTLAW

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

Who says that the Isrealites were God's chosen people? The Isrealites? Isn't that the same thing?

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Imperfect men are allowed to come up with imperfect conclusions. But, they should not then say those conclusions are truth. They should not tell their followers that those imperfect conclusions should not be challnged and sanctions should not be imposed on those who do challenge them.

They can not have their cake and eat everyone elses.

• undercover
    undercover
    JWs are imperfect, so what?

So what? So...let's dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKcY75LIkRw

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Who says that the Isrealites were God's chosen people? The Isrealites? Isn't that the same thing?

God said it..It`s in his Diary:

Dear Diary..

Today I made the Israelites my people..They seemed very happy about it..

Now I shall Smite all their enemys and have a cold beer..

PS..

I hope Mrs.God is in a better mood,maybe I`ll get lucky tonight..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• sabastious
    sabastious

Everything JW points back to the trustworthiness of the Bible. They need their member's faith to be unfailing in regards to it. From my experience with the JWs you are either a Bible beliver or you are not. Witnesses don't generally mess with people who aren't struck in some why by the Bible. It's an integral part of their formula.

Think about it. They show Psalms 83:18 to other people like it's a secret prize in a cracker jacks box. Their whole message falls flat, even becoming laughable, on people who don't accept the Bible's divine position.

-Sab

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

The JWs believe that God chose the Isrealites because the Isrealites said that God chose them from all of the groups on Earth and revealed Himself to them as a group and gave them strange laws to follow.

Sounds familiar...

• sabastious
    sabastious

The Bible, or more specifically the Old Testament, is really what is doing the choosing here. Because if one validates the Bible as the word of God, especially if infallible, one can then be sure that the stories are literal historical accounts. As historical accounts the Old Testament does choose the Nation of Israel as God's chosen people.

Then one could presume that God still works today like he did in the days of Ancient Israel (which is recorded in detail) and therefore the pursuit of the True Religion could proof fruitful.

-Sab

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

I understand what you are saying, Sabastious. It plays right into their doctrine. The Jews were (are still) imperfect, but God chose them. That is what it all comes down to. "God chose us, so we are allowed to make mistakes. God didn't choose you and your mistakes prove that He isn't with you."

But I have derailed my own thread. (haha) Is it just the control factor that makes it intolerable?

Or, should we ever tolerate imperfection in one doctrine and no others?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit