The JWs are imperfect, so what?

by Rocky_Girl 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

This is a common reply to any evidence given about false doctrines taught by the Witnesses.

We all know that every religion has its faults and scandals. So why do we tolerate these imperfections in those faiths and not in the Witnesses?

My answer: Because other faiths admit that they are basing their doctrines on faith alone or tradition. And, a lot of other faiths allow dissention and discussion among their followers. Therefore, I would caution any potential convert to really check out whether questioning and discussion is encouraged in the new group. Because, face it, every belief system is based on one of two unprovable doctrines - that God exists or that God does not exist.

• james_woods
    james_woods

The "so what" refutation comes from JW doctrine itself:

They think they are the only true religion, having been inspected and found acceptable (out of all other religions on earth) early in the 20th century.

Given this blatently arrogant doctrine, they simply cannot explain away false prophecies and constantly changing doctrines.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Rocky the point in your post I think is key is that they can't question. Yes they admit that they are governed by imperfect humans, but then also don't believe it is their place to debate. That's crazy.

There was a time when a person wasn't "scripturally divorced" if their spouse entered into a homosexual relationship. The stand was that they had to become one flesh with someone of the opposite sex.

So what happens to all those that chose to move on with their lives and were disfelllowshipped? The understanding changed. Did anyone look them up? Their families were crushed. Would it have been right for them to question such a mandate back then? No because questioning and disagreeing is apostate. You will pay with your family.

NC

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Yes they admit that they are governed by imperfect humans, but then also don't believe it is their place to debate. That's crazy.

Exactly - and:

Remember too - at the time they were supposedly "inspected" and found "acceptable" - they were celebrating Christmas and had crosses displayed in their literature.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Since I feel that JWs saying "JWs are imperfect" is a platitude to deflect further questions about actions of JWs, everyone should ask JWs, who use platitudes, further questions about "How many JWs have you witnessed that were imperfect?", "What were they doing that was imperfect?", and "What should those JWs have done to repent?". Asking JWs additional questions is intended to get JWs to think on their own without raising their defenses that someone is attacking the WTBTS.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl
    Rocky the point in your post I think is key is that they can't question.

Yes, that is my point! But what do others think? I used to think that all religions operated this way - believe or you are gone. But I constantly question the existence of God with the religion I currently associate with and I am always welcome and encouraged to express my questions for discussion.

Witnesses use imperfection in other faiths to prove they are false religion, and then explain their own imperfection away as being "human." I was hoping for some thoughts on this seemingly hypocritical standard.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Witnesses use imperfection in other faiths to prove they are false religion, and then explain their own imperfection away as being "human." I was hoping for some thoughts on this seemingly hypocritical standard.

Strain away the timber in your own eye before trying to pick the straw out of another's eye...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When you think about it..Thats really a stupid thing to say..

JW`s are the Best Imperfect Religion?..LOL!!..

Add that to the list of..

"Stupid Things JW`s Say and Try to Look Intelligent doing it"..

..................... ;-)...OUTLAW

• sabastious
    sabastious

The argument is essentially this:

"We can prove that we are God's chosen people. Just as he chose Israel of old he chooses Jehovah's Witnesses now."

^ If their assertion is true then they would have reason to use imperfection as an argument. Sometimes the ends do justify the means it just has to be evidenced.

-Sab

• james_woods
    james_woods

JW`s are the Best Imperfect Religion?..LOL!!..

Exactly. JW inperfect is OK with God - every other religious imperfect is HATED by God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit