Watching the Leadership Crumble

by Damn The Watchtower 82 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

I don't know why the "glacier melting" video didn't post, but here it is again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbQjukRmLSg

With music by Enya!!

• willyloman
    willyloman

Page 2 of this thread contains what is probably the best stuff ever written on the subject of why people leave the WT.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

All the WTBTS needs now is a 'Luther' to post the 95 theses on the 'Wittenberg church door', namely the official JW website - there's a reason you can't leave comments on the official website; if you could, the WHOLE EDIFICE would come crumbling down - tipping point, HERE WE COME

Great thread.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Family worship night? Are you refering to the night off as a result of the bookstudy change that never has been fully explained by the GB? If so, let me tell u something from someone who studied in the late 80's as an adult and was baptized. (I know I know, I walked in eyes wide shut). That bookstudy arrangement was sold to me as THE method that JW's will worship during the great trib as religion has been banned. No other religion can meet together because their churches will have been ceased by the govt. That was a big sell back then and it was in alot of the publications. And then the big change.

So how has this big change improved your worship of Jehovah?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Just a comment on the "marriages are breaking up" rhetoric from the platform. Gotta remember, they tell LIES from the platform with regularity. The primary purpose of most of them is to instill fear and/or guilt. Facebook breaks up marriages is a current, running theme in the Borg. It's BS. They just want to scare JWs away from the abundance of information that is on the internet.

• paladin
    paladin

Awesome video ziddina.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Thx, Paladin. Someone else posted the link on the first page, but for some reason those glitchy YouTube links don't work at times. So, credit goes to the first person = not me, but thx anyway!

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

When God sent Moses to Pharaoh, He armed him with the demand "Let My people go, that they may serve Me." At one point Pharaoh was okay to let them go on his (Pharaoh's) own terms. One of the teachings here ... Israelites could not serve YHWH when service was regulated by any other master than YHWH. The way JWs follow and believe the WT teachings amount to idolatry.

One cannot serve 2 masters - God and the WT corporation.

You said it right !

YHWH promise is here: Micah 7:

15. As in the days of thy coming forth out of the land of Egypt will I show unto them marvellous things.

TODAY is the most appropriate time to "seek for God's Kingdom" as Jesus said (Matt 6:33) !

Why ?

Because today it is happening as prophesied : "that a stone was cut out of the mountain without hands , and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold;"

"a stone" is God's Kingdom coming on earth , and it is disintegrating the "unity" between iron and clay

"this stone" "brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold" , that is, the whole image that the GB has built that their own "God's organization" means "God's Kingdom on earth" is demolished

THIS is God's Judgement upon Babylon the Great(all false worships) and her "daughter" the WT "form of worship"- Isaiah 47

the lovers of God's righteousness have to be happy now !

this is YHWH's action:

25. And thou, O deadly wounded wicked one, the prince of Israel (the GB) , whose day is come, in the time of the iniquity of the end, 26. thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Remove the mitre, and take off the crown; this shall be no more the same;

exalt that which is low, and abase that which is high.

wantingtruth

• shamus100
    shamus100

WOW, what a thread!

We know why people are leaving - they are leaving because there is nothing new under the sun. ;) The writing may be lame now, but it was bound to happen. On of the biggest prophecies they barfed out (1914) was completely false, and there is no getting around it. Baptisms are flat, only born-ins are really getting dunked, I get it, the WTBTS is total bullshit.

I don't think it will die - hope that I'm wrong.

• cult classic
    cult classic
    Facebook breaks up marriages is a current, running theme in the Borg. It's BS.

Facebook and other social networking sites do play a role in the breakdown of some marriages. That's not something that is justed touted by WT. Lots of single and married witnesses' (and non-witnesses of course) lives are playing out over these sites. It's not a cause per se, but it definitely is a factor many cases.

I do agree with below.

They just want to scare JWs away from the abundance of information that is on the internet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit