Watching the Leadership Crumble

by Damn The Watchtower 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Damn The Watchtower
    Damn The Watchtower

I watch the Watchtower leaders crumble, slowly crumble. One nonsensical move after the other. You have no idea how this makes me feel. A part of me is startled at the sight of it. Another part is happy to see it. Why is a part of me happy? Because it is only by crumbling can a rebuilding take place. I know that I'm not the only one to see it, many of my fine brothers and sisters see it.

Seeing it in slow motion, at once both beautiful and sad, is a drama that is playing out before our very eyes. I trust in Jehovah and I know that he will take care of all those who seek to love their fellow man both in and out of the Watchtower. And as well as all those among mankind who truly love their fellow.

From Damn The Watchtower and all hypocrites within it.

• flipper
    flipper

DAMN the WATCHTOWER- You mentioned " I know I'm not the only one to see it , many of my fine brothers and sisters see it ". So is that true ? Are you still attending meetings and have gotten feedback from fellow Witnesses that they are not buying into the WT society mind games anymore ? I'm just curious what the pulse is inside the organization now- as it's been 8 years since I last attended. Thanks for your info if you can supply it ! I hope lots of JW's are doubting the WT society

• jam
    jam

Damn, elaborate. From your prospective(since you are still in) why do you

feel the WT. leaders are crumbling.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

What do you mean by the leadership crumbling? Can you give examples? It's exciting to hear, I hope it's true!

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Too many plug & play zombies for it to have much affect I'm afraid. They need to all disappear at once to make a difference.

• Billen76
    Billen76

Mirror, mirror, on the wall. Which people is the fairest of them all?

As long as the dream lives, the Organisation will remain.

Smash the mirror and the spell will be lifted, but the shards will spread.

I am "garbage". I am the one who challenges the image, the one to be quickly discarded, the one must be discouraged.

Listen:

"There IS no perfect world. Only communities that denies their problems!"

Solution:

"Stop looking into the mirror!"

• Damn The Watchtower
    Damn The Watchtower

I am not blind to the degrading of the Watchtower. But first, let me say that many, including myself, are happy with some good changes. Among them the emphasis on family worship night, the invitation to freely comment on several parts at the meetings. The friends are doing a better job at commenting not just from the paragraphs but from their own hearts and minds this I believe is due to the increased free commenting. Also, many of our young people are energized to participate in fulltime service.

The Watchtower leadership is crumbling before our very eyes in their writing. They are crumbling as a result of their new generation overlapping teaching, their crumbling is obvious at the conventions and assemblies. There is hardly any area where many of my generation do not see the cracks and strains in what comes from the Governing Body. We keep going because we love Jehovah not because we love the Governing Body!

• TastingFreedom
  • moshe
    moshe

You have it backwards- it's not the GB and the WT org who runs the show- it's the publishers-- all the lowly JWs who believe in the dream that they can cheat death and live forever on a paradise earth. They are members of the WT org- and they want a steady stream of faith building talks, WT articles and dramas to keep the dream alive. Some of them have over 50 years of sunk cost invested in the WT religion!! The WT org gives the membership what is craves- even if it is pure garbage- the JWs will eat it up- and so the cycle continues for another generation and another and another. The "meat in due season" slop from the invisible F&DS is getting pretty watered down lately.

-

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The brain drain has got to be hurting them. Look at how dumbed down the BorgLit has gotten. The Bible Teach book is kid's stuff next to the Truth book many of us studied. And have you checked out the new brochures released this summer? They are laughable. The standard edition can't be at higher than a third grade level, probably first or second. The "simplified" edition is at around a nursery school level. A MS who is still in touch with me said there is a "great need" for them and that they will be translated into more languages than any other piece of BorgLit to date (that ought to keep them busy for an afternoon).

Does the leadership really think the field they preach to is that stupid?

Or is it that they KNOW the remnant of their flock gets dumber with each smart brother and sister who leaves?

When I became approximately the same age as many of the elders I knew they were no longer special, no longer the literal "older men" I respected when I was a kid. They were just guys. Just like me only much more tired.

Now how does the GB look to a great number of the long-time elders who have been in the organization for forty or fifty or more years? They're just guys. They're "the replacements" for the "real" Governing Body. They're stand-ins, sit-ins, shut-ins. They're just guys who never lived and worked in the real world. What kind of respect have they earned? Is it anywhere near the respect they keep demanding? My parents are older than most of them. I respect mom and dad more than any of those goofs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit