Watching the Leadership Crumble

by Damn The Watchtower 82 Replies latest jw friends

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    Also, many of our young people are energized to participate in fulltime service.

Guy, if you think this is a positive, then you are still drinking the Kool-aid. I wanna see the young folks go to college (4 year+, not the minimum), get actual careers- not just basic employment, and just be happy and make a real contribution to society.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

We keep going because we love Jehovah not because we love the Governing Body!

OK, then why keep going? The GB told you that you had to go to their meetings not Jehovah. Do you think Jehovah won't love you if you don't go?

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Yes, DTWT, that is a good observation.

The marriages in the Society are falling apart. This shows that the GB doesn't have the magic, or power to feed and direct it's sheep.

I think that the GB is desperate in gripping on to what power they have left. They will soon have to admit defeat and spin it to where it really hurts. The families. The pubisher average dropping down to 7.5hrs per month in North America is another defeat for them, inspite of all the hype of us living so close to the end.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    The pubisher average dropping down to 7.5hrs per month in North America

I think I very rarely got a number that high! I was about a 2-4 hour pub!

• Damn The Watchtower
    Damn The Watchtower

Hello Moshe,

Have you read Br. Raymond Franz' book, Crisis of Conscience? If so, then you know that he did not leave the Witness faith when he left Bethel. He moved and continued attending meetings at the local Kingdom Hall. Are you saying he was one of those pigs at the trough you have pictured above? I don't think you are but please know that Br. Franz was not the only one to see the error and remain. Why did he remain? I don't know but I do know why I remain. And if you believe me to be a pig at a trough so be it. I am in good company, brother.

Attacks do not make for informative conversation. Br. Franz dispensed what you call slop for many years. Hard to understand the lack of effort to at least communicate in a decent manner.

• Billen76
    Billen76

The BorgLit have ALLWAYS been dumb. WE have gotten wiser.

There is still the matter of organisational control over the crowd, the instillment of paranoia and fear that keeps the wiser (honest) ones discouraged.

It is not just the crowds "needs" for a "network". It is also the ability to "see" it is all rubbish.

I can assure you, I did never did like being a JW, but my "fuse" did blow while trying to make it all fit.

I would guess that by now, around 80% of the JW's in the western world are born-in JW's.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Yes, DTWT,

I made the same conclusion about the late Brother Franz. His disfellowshipping was unfair. He stayed on as long as he could.

He was an incredible man. Some here miss out on the purpose of this site. It's all about freedom to express, vent, and take about what is on our minds. We shouldn't pass judgement on one another.

"Why can't we just get along?"

• shamus100
    shamus100

You are very welcome here, DTWT. Don't let impulsive remarks turn you off - we're all guilty of doing it sometimes.

ALL ARE WELCOME.

• Billen76
    Billen76

I am quite sure, that moshe had only the best of intentions. In fact, he might even be worth listening to!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Welcome, Damn:

I haven't much to add to your new and refreshing threads other than these two points:

1) When I learned the real "truth," I wanted to remain a Jehovah's Witness but disassociate from
    the Watchtower Society. Of course, I had no clue how to negotiate that tricky maneuver.

2) Two older local elders, unhappy with many absurd reasonings and changes in the organization,
    commented that "this is not what we signed up for."

All the best.

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit