I have shingles

by coffee_black 39 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I think that stress brought it on... I had a lovely vacation in the Outer Banks with both my kids and all my grandkids. I couldn't relax though... was constantly worried that something would happen to one of the little ones.... so I was on red alert the whole time.... constantly thinking of all the things that could go wrong....with a pool and hot tubs and balconies everywhere...and of course, everyone went off in every direction, and I couldn't keep track....then the ocean with a really strong undertoe...and the oldest grandson swimming way out... Then the 4200 miles of driving....

Not sure why... but I always have a hard time truly relaxing....

Coffee

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Coffee, sorry to hear that news. Several years ago my mom had shingles -- very, very bad case. I was so surprised a simple childhood disease could strike again -- years later in a different form. I also just found out there is an adult vaccine !

Wifey & I are both gonna talk to our doc about it.

Get Well !

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

No time off of work? I'd say you're a very lucky lady then, Coffee. You got off quite easy. A case of the shingles can be quite dire. I really hope you'll be okay...

V665V665

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Yeah, I am very lucky. My x husband had it years ago, and had horrible pain.

As usual, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, but the dr. said that I am doing very well, all things considered.

Coffee

• talesin
    talesin

rabbit, you better post on my threads or i'm a gonna be angry ... lolol.... love you

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

So glad it didn't get any worse..My MIl had it really bad for a year..at least.

So you can't relax?... It's a wonder you haven't had a case of shingles every year with all you have been through lady..

Big Hug..

Snoozy

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Aw...Snoozy... Big Hug right back atcha!....only don't pat my back...ok?

Coffee

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Hey Tal ya' never went back to your beautiful pic thread...*I* did.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Recovery strength to you.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Coffee sending get well wishes. A family member had shingles and it was terrible, so it looks like as the doc said at the homestretch. :) (((hugs)))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit