Just tried my first ciggarette!

by highdose 24 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

no i'm not planning on a 2nd, but i just wanted to try to see what the fuss was about.

Well can't see that i can, didn't make me feel sick or better to be honest. Could do without it

but the point is at least now i know! i think thats whats called an informed desicion

• talesin
    talesin

'the fuss',,, as you say,, is from a control standpoint --- it's easy for the CULT to make addicts feel guilty and worthless, thus giving the CULT more control over the worthless addict.

Informed consent is about knowing the facts before you make a choice --- you can just as easily CHOOSE not to smoke, because you have the FACTS,,, the scientific and medical FACTS,,, not the JW line ...

That being said,,, being a fully addicted smoker will make you feel guilty and worthless even if you're NOT a JW.

I hope it's your LAST CIGARETTE --- it is an insidious addiction,,,, easy! careful! trust me, I know ... defiance is good, but please don't mess with cigs or narcotics (coke, crack, meth, oxy, codeine,,, etc.)

tal

• shamus100
    shamus100

Congrats! ** slaps highdose across the back of the head **

• talesin
    talesin

lol @ shamus --- yup

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I tried my first (and last) 18 months ago. It was on my bucket list.

• palmtree67
  • Heaven
    Heaven

I was 4 years old when I tried my first and only one. I thought it was the most vilest of things and could not understand why my mother smoked them.

As a teenager, working as a cashier in a grocery store, I watched our government impose taxes on them to persuade people to quit. All it did was make people complain to me as they checked out with over $100 in cartons. Sheesh!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

My 'worldly' father stuck a smoking cigar in my five-year-old mouth when my sister was born. Just for a photograph.

In this day and age, that would be called child abuse!

First and last tobacco product I've ever used.

I think a little weed could do me some good, though...

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Congratulations. I had a taste of cigar and pipe for the first time a few weeks ago. Cigar was meh. I liked the pipe though; I'm going to buy one (or more).

• kazar
    kazar

Hope you stay of the cigarettes for good. I am in my 6th week of non-smoking after being addicted for many years. It's a horrible withdrawal and I still want them. So take it from someone who knows.....don't take another puff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit