i need to know if jehovahs witnesses are actually told to ....

by looloo 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

I can not be called a brother, im not a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, I dont know many exjws that can.

Their version of shunning is like jesus kicking every lost sheep he finds to a curve.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

This is my personal experience. My mother and I were disfellowshipped. My younger brother never got baptised, all my witness family treat him like he is disfellowshipped too.

• bigmac
    bigmac

fatfreek might find this interesting

this is a copy paste from the uk site exjw-reunited:

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:04 pm Post subject: personal update
    as some of my friends here know--i first joined this site whilst trying to locate my estranged son--whom i had found had been disfellowshipped.

i subsequently found him on facebook--and began a slow, exploratory dialogue.

a surprise phone call wednesday--from his lady partner--they were here on the island--& would i like to meet them.

a 2 hour pub meet up followed--they make a lovely couple--we had no awkward silences---and it looks like the start of something good. the missing 27 years started to shrink.

and i'm delighted to say his lifestyle is totally opposite to that required of jw dom.

a real chip off the old block!! makes me proud

• bigmac
    bigmac

quotinfg from fatfreak

""to quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man." (1 Cor. 5:11,13)"

ive sometimes thought about this---surely this only applies to a (JW) " brother" who continues to associate--whilst doing wrong---not someone who has left/resigned/'DA'd----they no longer "call themselves a brother"--so the congregation wouldnt mix with them anyway.

or am i missing something?

• cantleave
    cantleave

I agree mac. That's how I see it too!

• d
    d

Yes they are

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Imagine a family gathering where a child cannot participate in activities that his baptized cousins and other relatives are enjoying simply because they don't live within his household. It's possible.

Len Miller

ps: copying that image for further distribution is easy. Simply right click the image and follow the menu.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit