Have Jehovah's Witnesses (The WTBTS) taken the Best Years of your life?

by Hairyhegoat 48 Replies latest jw friends

• ~Question With Boldness~
    ~Question With Boldness~

But, that just means I have a lot to make up for, and I'm going to enjoy it!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Absolutely! I will have my 1st birthday in about 3 weeks. No one except my husband and daughter will acknowledge the 60 years I've spent on the earth. I will never get those years back but at least I've found a group who understands the sadness and regret I feel.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Oh yes. Still struggling to sort my life. What can you do?

@Tomapostate . . . welcome to the forum friend . . . it's a good place to start.

Take heart . . . better days lie ahead.

• C6H12O6
    C6H12O6

Almost, but I have the rest of my life to catch up and make up for it.

• nugget
    nugget

Since the WTBTS messed with the first 44 years of my life I like to think my best years are now ahead of me. I have freedom to be the wonderful, intelligent human being I aspire to be without limits and that is a good thing. I also have the opportunity to give my children the best start in life so they can look back with no regrets on their childhood. I am so lucky to have got out while there was still time to fulfil some of my ambitions. The secret now is not to waste the opportunity.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Deffo! I was raised in the WBT$ cult so was thoroughly 'mind cleansed'. Because my family was 'in' it was the norm.

Yes, after 50 years, I know I've wasted my life on a money making scam.

I could have done so much more! Instead I am considered a 'mentally diseased apostate' by those who were once friends.

On the funny side, there are now rumours being bandied about by the dubs as to my current 'status'...

!. A false prophet

2. A minister in a different religion

3. Separated from my bOrg wife

4. working at a child's clothing outlet

Number 4 is particularly whacky because there is a bloke with the same name as me working at the clothing store and he's being shunned by the JWs. This makes me laugh because it isn't me and this poor 'worldly' man will wonder what he's done!! You couldn't make this shizzle up!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

If you were a born-in, like me, you can blame your parents. Raised in the evil empire and guilted into baptism at age 15. I bought into it all until I was right around 30 (I was a company man ministerial servant from age 19).

Due to my career choice, I could have really used the extra 10 years. Not to mention I regret never enlisting in the military.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Punk, #4 is halarious! Aren't JW rumours ridiculous!?!?!?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Have they taken the "Best" years, no. But they are gonna damn sure make the rest of them pretty uncomfortable. I "wish" I could turn back time but that's impossible so I have to roll with the punches. Things are just not the same anymore but I'll work thru it. The only time of the year when things are difficult is now.

I hope everyone the very best.

~Q

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit