Democrat or Republican? Does it matter?

by Wonderment 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Hey, is Obama a Lib?

Are you kidding? Hardly.

Yep, my problem with him from the beginning, not progressive enough for me.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    That's my problem with Dems/Libs; they always fold under pressure.
    They are not the same thing
  • Robdar
    Robdar

true. but they have a symbiotic relationship.

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

George Washington said that a 2 party system would destroy America and it very nearly has. It has brought us to the brink of disaster now. More than 50% of americans are "moderates". That is why we see republican presidents dealing with a dem congress and then a dem president dealing with a pub congress. People are AFRAID of a government of all Pubs or Dems. They could really F%#K us over. Right now we have a government where Obama is arguing w/congress and they can't get anything done. That is what MOST Americans want. A government that can't do anything. The less the government does the better.

I'm pretty sure THE CONSTITUITION says"provide for the common defense, regulate interstate trade". That is the beginning and the end of what we want from our federal government. Our local and State Govs can handle everything else some well some badly, but that is our problem noone elses.

Long live the republic!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

"The Tea Party was the Founding Fathers' worst fear - people ignorant of the way the world works come to power."

Think about it.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Who did you quote, BB?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Bill Maher.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I can make this prediction: Bizzy Bee is NOT self-employed, has NEVER taken that risk in its life, is too lazy, too un-motivated and to stupid to do that, and lives safely in some job doing next-to-nothing for a wage and benefits that is nearly double what it could get in the private sector because, frankly, Bizzy Bee doesn't have the chops to make it in the private sector. She works in or close to the Government!

Farkel, you couldn't be more wrong.

I am now comfortably retired, but was previously self-employed as a business writer.

• designs
    designs

I like Tea Party Rallies, thousands of older folks all collecting SS and using Medicare yelling Down With The Federal Government cheered on by Michelle Bachmann who receives Federal Grants for her Counseling Center.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I especially like when they are sitting on their lawn chairs with tea bags hanging off their visors. Just like the Founding Fathers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit