Democrat or Republican? Does it matter?

by Wonderment 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

Glander-

Do you see a large change in the Republican Party from the Reagan era forward. Bill Maher was commenting on the loss of Republican party of his parents post WWII generation.

• Glander
    Glander

Of course, Designs. As has been pointed out many times here, the R's and the D's are blurring together. It is getting harder and harder to be optimistic that this monster federal government can ever be brought under conrol. It takes in hard earned bales of alfalfa from the producers and distributes a handful of hamster food pellets back to the causes that good hearted people want to see supported. Demagogury (sic) tears the country apart while the bureuacracy gets bigger and bigger. Organized corruption. Very disturbing.

It is very sad to see entire generations of poor people turned into hamsters with no real opportunity to get off the wheel.

• designs
    designs

It seems like an August Wilson Play. There are powerful and monied interests controlling large blocks of the politics in this country.

I hear the cool new thing to call someone on the playground is 'You're so Chinese' meaning I think that these people get entreprenuership.

Don't ever give up, to much is at stake. The idea is to get people so discouraged and disgusted that low voter turnout guarantees some undesirables election.

• Glander
    Glander

Don't ever give up, to much is at stake. The idea is to get people so discouraged and disgusted that low voter turnout guarantees some undesirables election.

So true, designs. I would just like to mention the other side of the same coin. To accumulate a huge class of dependant voters which guarantees some undesirable elections.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    The idea is to get people so discouraged and disgusted that low voter turnout guarantees some undesirables election.

Oh, my honey. The GOP doesn't leave anything to chance. There is a concerted nationwide effort of voter suppression/voter nullification. See, as we know, the more voters, the more the outcome trends Democratic. The GOP is extremely savvy when it comes to winning elections - governing, not so much.

Check out what is going on across the country in anticipation of 2012:

http://www.prwatch.org/news/2011/05/10711/voter-suppression-bills-sweep-country

• Glander
    Glander

Yep. Tea Partiers are recruiting young intmidation thugs as we speak. They are being sent to secret training facilities in Idaho, equipped with mock-up polling places and issued berets and batons.

• BizzyBee
  • Glander
    Glander

shit, homework again?

• Robdar
    Robdar

I went to a couple of the early Tea Party meetings back in 2009. There were just as many disenchanted liberals as there were conservatives in attendance.

If the conservatives have infiltrated the Tea Party, the liberals have no one to blame but themselves. While "the intellectual elite" laughed obnoxiously and pretended the "tea baggers" were nothing more than a bunch of red necks, the conservatives made a savvy political move.

The libs forgot that I, and many others, vote independent because we are a mixture of liberal and conservative values.

• Robdar
    Robdar

You know, come to think of it, I've never met a worthy liberal chess player.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit