You're only an ATHEIST because of the abusive relationship you had with your former religion..?

by Velour 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cantleave
    cantleave

You're only an ATHEIST because of the abusive relationship you had with your former religion..

No I am an Atheist because sky daddies don't make any sense.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

To be honest, that's what I've noticed a lot about the belivers turned Atheists on this board and on many other boards. There's such a vitriol towards religion to the point where it becomes hate and not bored disinterest. If you were truly an atheist and not an anti-worshipper of Yahweh, you'd simply think Yahweh's right up there with Zeus, Odin, Ra, Uranus, Gonesh, the Yellow Emperorer and other ficticious gods instead of dedicating so much time bashing people based on their religious beliefs.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I'm a Deist, BTW because I think all the legends of gods, faries and myths are too great in number to ignore, but are also too fantastic to be taken literally.

• designs
    designs

If you sense vitriol against Religions it is because of the tremendous harm they have inflicted on humanity.

• Velour
    Velour

ColdRedRain- I like your picture/avatar

• rebel8
    rebel8

There's such a vitriol towards religion to the point where it becomes hate and not bored disinterest. If you were truly an atheist and not an anti-worshipper of Yahweh, you'd simply think Yahweh's right up there with Zeus, Odin, Ra, Uranus, Gonesh, the Yellow Emperorer and other ficticious gods instead of dedicating so much time bashing people based on their religious beliefs.

Respectfully, what % of atheist posters here do you observe dedicating so much time bashing religious people? Are you counting the ones who don't mention it?

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Oh, yeah, about the av: A long time ago, during the simpsons movie craze, the entire board decided to "Simpsonize" themselves, me included. I made a Simpsons avatar which bore a slight resemblence to me at the time. Now I have a beard and an afro.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

If any Zeus worshippers turn up they'll get the same heat.

Many are annoyed / exasperated because religion is a lie, a bare faced open lie and it is infuriating to see how our lives are still entwined and affected by religious tomfoolery. For every 'harmless' church of england granny happily knitting blankets for starving ophans there is 'dangerous' pentecostal zealot wanting to convert everyone they see to their cult. The problems with religion is that its lies colour reality and then stupid stuff happens, like people start invading countries, shunning families, imposing relationship standards on homosexual people, enslaving coloured people, burning witches, avoiding life saving medical treatment, banning art, spreading sexual diseases by banning condoms, dictating underwear choices, proscribing food choices, posting sh*t explanations for natural events, scamming money fom gullible people, crippling science and so on.

Annoyed bloody hell yes.

What will make me happy and content? Rational and logical morals hand in hand with factual critical analysis sweeping away thousands of years of guilt ridden magic thinking misery that we call religion. Sadly many of the enslaved have been indoctrinated to love their shackles and want to enslave others. I was once one of them.

• ziddina
    ziddina

People who believe that atheists have ceased to believe in 'god' because of some deep personal disappointment, are attempting to excuse the atheist's departure from the believers' norm...

I suspect that the fact-based reasons for atheism frighten some religious people, so rather than investigate the information that atheism is based upon, these religious people make up "damages" - and in essence, claim that atheists are basically "damaged goods"...

• unshackled
    unshackled

these religious people make up "damages" - and in essence, claim that atheists are basically "damaged goods"...

Yep, those damn atheists are mentally diseased.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit