DEAR RICH FOLKS: Get Ready For A (Tax) Revolution...

by darthfader 88 Replies latest social current

• darthfader
    darthfader

NC, no I didnt build it (roads) alone, but I paid and continue to pay my part to use them... The group that build the road was paid for by taxes collected from gasoline tax and vehicle license taxes. Are you saying that even though we paid for them, we owe something more? To whom do we owe this money to?

The lawsuit between farmers and Monsanto comes from the farmers growing a crop and allowing it to go to seed thereby collecting x times the number of seeds from their original purchase from monsanto. It's not a cross polination thing.

BTW, I dont like Monsanto much (for other reasons)

Beks:

Sorry, I usually write in word and paste into notepad then paste into here to get rid of the "nasty microsoft formatting".

Back in 2001, the bottom amount was just over 600K then they started taxing above that. I know the exemption amount increased over the years.

Quoting Wikipedia:

"For example, assume an estate of $3.5 million in 2006. There are two beneficiaries who will each receive equal shares of the estate. The maximum allowable credit is $2 million for that year, so the taxable value is therefore $1.5 million. Since it is 2006, the tax rate on that $1.5 million is 46%, so the total taxes paid would be $690,000. Each beneficiary will receive $1,000,000 of untaxed inheritance and $405,000 from the taxable portion of their inheritance for a total of $1,405,000. This means that they would have paid (or, more precisely, the estate would have paid) a taxable rate of 19.7%."

I think inheritence tax needs different assessment rates -- a lower rate for real estate (farms homes etc) and a higher value for more liquid assets or property held for business.

• darthfader
    darthfader

Beks:

"Sorry Darth no one becomes rich alone. No one gets there alone. NC is absolutely correct. Without labor, without customers for your service, without the system we have all worked to preserve, etc. etc. And I assume you are not wealthy, this applies a hundred fold to the wealthy. Who are currently not paying their share. If you really believe that they are, then I can't argue with you. "

All those items you mention are compensates or are consuming/paying there pro-rata share (based on the rules of the day)

Labor that the business owner pays for... Customers who purchase our goods who pay for their own burdens on infrastructure...

I didnt say that the wealthy are paying their fair share. I just dont agree with the statement that "no one becomes rich alone"...

• darthfader
    darthfader

I'll check back tomorrow.

Good night all -- thanks for the cordial banter

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well they don't Darth. they don't. Regarding the roads etc---if it was just you alone you wouldn't have them.

Also it IS a cross polination thing. When farms next to those with Monsanto seed let THEIR crops go to seed---a common practice before Monsanto--Courts have ruled that Monsanto's patent still holds, regardless of how that pollination happened. Monsanto prevents their customers from cleaning seeds and their neighbors too.

NC

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I'm not sure what your point is on the estate tax info.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL, you talking to me Beks? did I stop mid thought? I wouldn't be surprised, I haven't slept in days. Me shoulder does hurt oh so much.

NC

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

LOL NC, no. And I'm gettin mighty sleepy myself.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Move to a desert island and get rich Darth. I dare ya! Can't happen. And every tool a man uses to become rich was given him by the man before him. Even science and invention is built on the last mans achievements.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I'ma gonna email you in a minute

• darthfader
    darthfader

NC, I found a well worded and concise explaination of the Monsanto vs Farmers issue. I should have done a bit more research before relying on my memory. You are correct that Monsanto vs Farmers was about cross contamination, but after reading the verdict in "Monsanto vs Schmeiser" (covered in depth at the below link) it seems to be a hollow victory:

http://www.organicconsumers.org/monsanto/hollow061504.cfm

Beks, NC, so... are you saying be even though my tax dollars pay for my share of roads etc, that there is some societal due for using something that "other people built" even though they were compensated for building it?

"And every tool a man uses to become rich was given him by the man before him."

Even though that "man before him" was already paid for his invention and efforts?

cheers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit