Feelings of Impending Doom!

by sabastious 23 Replies latest jw friends

• sinis
    sinis

On a serious note, not that it won't be serious when my wife kicks my ass... if and when the shit hits the fan JW's will be lost. Have they really sat down and thought the process through??? It will be beyond anyones ideal situation and god won't be anywhere to be found. As much as they wish for doom, I don't think they have thought past the inital 5 minutes... horrible won't even describe what happens.

• scary21
    scary21

I remember the purple page from the old orange Paradise book....some of the neighborhood kids remember it also..... I showed it to them...it was really scary! I always thought I would be destroyed at the big A. From about the age of six on, that's how I felt. I just liked worldly things, and people. I never felt good enough . I lived in FEAR, but never told my mom . Moving toward people is what I did....and I did a good job of it....at the expence of my self esteem. I was 30 yrs old before I learned to say no to people sometimes. JW kids still live in fear and guilt....some more then others . SCARY SCARY SCARY

Scary Sherry

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

My mother would constantly be preparing me for all sorts of persecution from the gov't as a kid...

I'm still waiting to be persecuted and thrown into prison for refusing military service.

Oh shit! I'm too old for military service!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

The feeling of impending doom is one sypmtom of clinical depression. They are giving their children clinical depression. Praise Jah!

NC

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The WTS. corporation didn't have any portioned compassion to when they printed images of doom, death and destruction.

Elven though they were well aware that small children would be reading their articles.

Dispelling fear was their propagating strength, to attract attention to their literature and keeping people in a state of submissive control.

As well as cultivating power toward themselves.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    They are giving their children clinical depression.

They are blind to this truth and the damage is unspeakable, unfortunately.

-San

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I was one of those children raised with the belief of impending doom always hanging over me . I was born in 1961 . My Mom was convinced the government was just waiting to attack Jehovah's people . Her best friend was German and spoke of the terrible treatment her own Mother was facing in communist Germany ...this in turn made it so much more real that doom was emminent . We would discuss hiding places for literature and my siblings were prepared for when we might be taken away from our Mom for religious persecution . I had nightmares about being in prisoned ....@ 6 yrs old !!! School was a whole new torture for my psyche .....we practiced hiding under our desks in case the Russians attacked !!! As a kid this reinforced the KH scare tactics . Life was f'n doomed and I knew that as fact .

I remember serious depression at 10 .

I hate this religion just for these facts alone . Pisses me off that children are still being affected by the corrupt thoughts of the Watchtower Society .

Thankfully I have let go of those ingrained fears .I no longer suffer depression and I enjoy the little joys of life .

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I would like to hear how others dealt with the feelings of doom growing up JW .....

I also unwittingly raised my own children as JW and I recall one night my 8 yr old son waking from a dream crying "But I don't want to die at Armaggedon !".......what child has those kinds of nightmares other than witness kids ??

Are Christian kids as terrified of Hell as Witness kids are of Armaggedon ??

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

My parents thought the hope of living in the new world was a wonderful hope for us kids.

Not long ago I told them I never felt I was good enough as a kid & that I believed I would be killed by god at any time because the big A was always imminent. ......... They were shocked as they had never thought I would feel that way.

Could that be why I was a quiet kid at school?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The WTS. style of fear mongering instilled varied psychological problems for children.

I myself grew up a JW during the 60's, and 70's and can clearly say without reserve that the fear induced provocation

by the WTS. made many kids mentally imbalanced and their social behavior unhealthy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit