Feelings of Impending Doom!

by sabastious 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

That's when i was at school trueone, during the 60's. I felt doomed because I was a 'gay' kid & the Watchtower never had/has anything consoling to say to gay kids.

• Twitch
    Twitch

As a little kid, I remember being afraid of bridges and being downtown where buildings might fall on me when the big A hit.

Good times,...

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

That's when I was at school trueone, during the 60's. I felt doomed because I was a 'gay' kid & the Watchtower never had/has anything

consoling to say to gay kids.

Unfortunately they still do belittle and chastise people who are gay.

Another unfortunate circumstance is there are people such as yourself that were brought up in this religion and had a extremely tough time

especially regarding their close intimate relationship with their family and who've could not cope and ended up taking their own lives.

( well they are emulating the supposed social morals of a civilization that existed 3000 year ago )

Your one of the fortunate ones who made it through the ignorant corruption of the great WTS.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I grew up not only with the wt poisonous garbage, but also with the fear of nuclear winter. Does anyone remember practicing to hide under your desk at school if an atomic bomb fell? Like that would save you. Nuclear war, armageddon, enemies all around.

However that feeling of doom goes away. It took a long time for me to stop having armageddon dreams, but I haven't had any now for many years.

Please don't fill your kids' heads with that kind of anxiety. Let them feel protected and have fun as little kids. It's more important for them to be afraid of burning their hands or crossing the street without looking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit