What made you leave "The Truth"?

by Chemical Emotions 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

For me it was many things. Most concerned certain teachings that invloved genders, children, sex, sexuality and sexual orientations, disfellowshipping, apostates, blood, rape, and few other things, as well as the JW's unloving attitude toward so many people.

• designs
    designs

Chemical-

Its usally the combination like you listed. Sometimes its tragedy that wakes us up. As an Elder I saw and was part of seeing babies and mothers die over the blood isse. My own Dad died as a result of the blood issue. It all hurts.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

It wasn't TRUE. So, why bother?

I learned it wasn't true in the fall of 2007. I left in the spring of 2008.

The blood issue affected me in a personal way, and this directly led me to indulge my doubts and seek answers about the history of the WT.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Many, many, things - but the thing that woke me and allowed my many doubts to come to the forefront of mind was serving as an elder and seeing the hypocrisy, and obvious lack of HS.

• Twitch
    Twitch

I grew a mind and a spine.

My ass followed.

• designs
    designs

cant-

Wasn't being an Elder a bad trip. OHMYGAWD what a nightmare.

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

The higher up I got, the better my vantage point.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Was on the fast track to a JC for suspicion of apostasy because I questioned the authority and identity of the faithful slave.

Found out it ain't the truth after I beat the JC to the punch and DA'd before they could hold their kangaroo court.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Growing up as a JW I always questioned what I read in the Bible and mags. But I was scared into following "the truth". Didn't want to get destroyed and didn't want to lose my family and friends. I "served" on auto pilot just trying to get through this system.

One day while talking to my husband I asked him if he was still afraid to die at Armaggedon. He said "not at all". We were out of there.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

2 elders made me open up my eyes by coming to my house and saying "If your child needs a blood transfusion, you can't accept it. It's better for her to die a sacrifice to Jehovah than accepting a blood transfusion". I was then refused to keep the form they have that states that (you can look it over but we can't give it out).

After that I started looking into the Blood Doctrine and dabbled over into Rick Fearon's site, got turned off by apostates (I think Rick is really an undercover JW with a message designed to scare off current Witnesses from the already dreaded apostates (the society can then say, we told you so)) but then my conscience kept nagging and I went and looked at the jwfacts site and it was down (or up) from there into Letters of the Governing Body blog, JWN etc..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit