What made you leave "The Truth"?

by Chemical Emotions 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• aristeas
    aristeas

CE:

I couldn't agree more with willyloman's observation — how right on he is — this is INDEED an excellent thread!

cantleave, designs, Franklin Massey, stuckinamovement, MrDarkKnight, and others who made similar comments:

To be sure the higher up one goes, the more hypocrisy one sees. For me it was not just seeing how unspiritual many leading bros. were or how they they lied and expected others to do so too, but I could not go on teaching the doctrines that I knew other responsible brothers knew were not truthful. I have never come to terms with that.
    What does "love rejoices with the truth" mean if the concept of truth becomes so plastic or elastic that it can be bent in any direction to suit the current practical needs? How can the churches be wrong b/c of their hypocrisy and that within the organization be OK to Jehovah? It was Pilate who took a skeptical view of truth, while Jesus seemed to have the opposite view, taking it seriously.

maksym: where did you go?

Quendi: you have a PM.

In general this has been a highly revealing thread for a relative newbie like me, very, VERY insightful.

Thanks so much...

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

There certainly is a lot of hypocrisy. It's amazing that so many people manage to ignore it. It's amazing that I did for so long. "Sisters" like me don't go very high up. We don't get to be elders and have other positions like that that show us some of this hypocrisy, so I guess that's one way of keeping a lot of people in the religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit