May I enter?

by Eclectic 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• Eclectic
    Eclectic

@NewChapter, thank you for your warnings, I have already thought about that. Anyway, the elders already know what I posted here. I cannot imaging anyone from my environment identifying me in this forum, that's too complicated for their brains.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Responded!!

• cantleave
    cantleave

My wife and I were outed on here in conjunction with Facebook!

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

I'd like to welcome you too, Eclectic. This is a good place to share thoughts, ideas, do research, and all that. We're a pretty varied bunch. We even have some atheists, like me.

I actually left once I began to realize that the attitude of the local elders was also shared by the Society. JWs sometimes blame the local elders for that, but I finally realized it was a top-down situation when the magazine articles started saying the same things. I struggled for another year or two after that. Then I began to wonder why. I decided I needed a break from it all and stopped going to meetings.

When the congregation went crazy and started harassing me, I felt compelled to do real research on the WTS just so I could respond to their accusations. In the end, the local JWs helped me STAY OUT of the org.

If you ever decide to leave the KH altogether, I'm sure you can find plenty of support right here.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Eclectic I sent you a PM, too.

And welcome to the board!

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Welcome to this wonderful forum. There are some excellent thinking points that are presented. As mentioned by others, never express your thoughts or feelings if they are out of harmony with the WTS to any jw. I have relied to jw friends in the past only to bite me later.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome Eclectic. This forum is a good place to be. I hope it helps you as much as it has benefitted me. You're not alone ...we're all here for you.

Loz x

• Eclectic
    Eclectic

Thank you all for your comments. I cannot express the joy I feel reading them. I'll try to contact some of you, if you are active JWs, please send me a private message.

Also I wanted to discuss the beard topic, it is a very hot issue in some places. Tell me, please, if it has already been discussed or should I start a new topic.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Hi,

well, if you don't want to rock the boat, you'll have to keep quiet in the KH

But you can say what you think here. It's kind of fun to jump into a discussion, say what you really think and let the chips fall where they may

Give and take of ideas doesn't happen in the KH

• Velour
    Velour

Hi and welcome Eclectic

You'll find a lot of support here for whatever point in your life you're at =)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit