May I enter?

by Eclectic 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• unshackled
    unshackled

Welcome aboard, Eclectic. If you're more interested in reality over "the Truth" you've come to the right place.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hi -nice to see see another member of the conscious class here - what country are you from?

• moshe
    moshe

Enjoy the cruise- it's smooth sailing for you now.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Whazzup Eclectic.

Welcome to the taste and smell of freedom.

We are generally harmless unless you really believe the faithful slave fairy tale.

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

Welcome. Love for family and friends keep many of us "in." You have a tough road ahead of you. Having your own opinion on matters relating to JWs is, at least, discouraged and at most, forbidden, depending on the subject. It was very nice of the elders to ask you to keep the thoughts to yourself. Others, upon expressing doubts, have not been so fortunate. Hang in there.

May I ask, what issues do you have doubts about?

• elderelite
    elderelite

Welcome..... *and cue the "must leave now crowd" in 5,4,3....*

Seriously, dont take anything here to hard. All of us have been abused led astray and we all want to see people free to live their lives wothout control and restraint by fradulet powers in brooklyn. The motives are pure, but everyone has a different path to walk. Rejoice that you are not alone and welcome

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    @leavingwt, I cannot imagine my life outside the WT. I've been in my whole life. Anyway, family and "friends" would be the answer.

It's good that you recognize that you will lose your friends and family if you walk away. This is not an irrational fear. This is what usually happens. Plan accordingly.

It's VERY important to not reveal your thoughts to JWs. Even your closest friends and/or family within the organization will rat you out to the elders.

It's nice to have you here and to learn of another person being mentally free!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

Don't feel obligated to rush your escape. You have time. Sit a spell, read, discuss, plan. It's not like Armageddon is coming tomorrow. As a JW, you've already discovered that these "Last Days" just seem to last...

... and last ...

... and last ...

... and last ...

... and last ...

... and last ...

... and last ...

... and last.

That's the only reason they're called the last days.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Welcome, and you are definitely NOT alone. Be careful of those warm squishy feelings you get where you feel like confessing some of your deepest thoughts to a JW. That could really backfire and blow your cover. In the process you will lose friends and family, and clearly, you are not ready for that. Share them with us instead. We won't tell on you. But be careful with too much identifying info. Lurkers and trolls abound and are reading without you knowing. It is possible to get a lot off your chest without saying something very unique to your situation that would identify you to someone who is familiar with you. And NOW:

That made me think how hypocritical some people are, because in case he has to defend the orthodox position from the atrium he would do so

Even more disturbing, this elder would also disfellowship someone for a principal he knows is BS.

NC

• Eclectic
    Eclectic

Thank you all again for your comments.

@cantleave, I sent you a private message, I won't post personal details online.

@Franklin Massey, The list is quite long. I would say 607bce (and then 1914), GB is directed by God, Jesus is Michael the archangel, Jesus wasn't put to death in a Cross, etc... But it is not only because of the doctrines or teachings, also I have been disappointed how things are managed (too much gossip, stupid prohibitions, clothing, self-censorship, lack of culture or academic background...). I already said the elders know what I think, I told them I will do my way, and they told me when I arrive to the new congregation: "You are welcome in our congregation, you must study yourself and clarify your doubts, a lot of brothers have, we cannot carry a bible study with you, and please don't spread your opions among the congregation". That's all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit