May I enter?

by Eclectic 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• Eclectic
    Eclectic

Hello,

It is a pleasure to read some of the topics posted in this forum. Finally I decided to register. I have now the certainty that when I am sitting down at the KH listening to teachings I do not accept I am not alone in this world, maybe thousands feel the same way. We all know the fear of freedom of speech and the self-censorship that exist in our community. Being an active JW but "disconnected" from the worship to the GB can be a challenge, but still possible. I hope I will know wonderful people around, as I already did in my area, feel free to send me a private message if you want to contact me and share experiences, specially those experiencing the same situation.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Permission granted.

Welcome to the board.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Yeah it is possible I guess but you better keep your true thoughts to yourself at the KH if you wanna keep in good standing.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Welcome to the Board. You are definitely not alone! There are a lot of really good people on this Board who are in the same position as yourself.

SIAM

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome Eclectic! I hope that you post regularly and express your opinions openly on this forum. If you continue to be an active JW, I hope and pray that you do not suffer for associating with members of this forum.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

Welcome here Eclectic!

I sent you a pm.

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

You aren't alone.

A LOT of JWs have similar questions and similar issues with the organization.

Trouble is, you're not allowed to discuss them openly, even in meetings that are supposedly discussions of Watchtower articles.

You're not even free to discuss these things privately unless you come to a forum like this.

That's a huge red flag regardless of what organization has such a policy.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

Are you in a position that prevents you from walking away?

• Eclectic
    Eclectic

I must say that I am impressed by your welcome, I posted one hour ago and there are already 6 messages. Thank you all.

@MrFreeze, Elders know what my thoughts are, they told me that having doubts is quite normal, one elder even told me that he didn't belive toasting was pagan! That made me think how hypocritical some people are, because in case he has to defend the orthodox position from the atrium he would do so.

@Ding, The elders told me not to talk with other members about my "doubts".

@leavingwt, I cannot imagine my life outside the WT. I've been in my whole life. Anyway, family and "friends" would be the answer.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit