Youngest person disfellowshipped -- ever?

by FatFreek 2005 66 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

I was on a case in my old hall of a 27 year old guy seeking to be reinstated. He disassociated himself at 13 years of age :(

He said he really had no idea what it meant at the time. He was just very upset that he was getting in trouble with the congo. Neither of his parents were witnesses so they told him to go back to the church and tell them he no longer wanted to be a part of the church (Kingdom Hall) annymore.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Did he get reinstated?

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

He didn't... atleast not until the time I stepped aside.

He submitted his letter and then after about 2 months he never came back to the kingdom hall. We made a visit on him and some woman came to the door and asked us to please leave

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

How long ago was that?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

what were you planning to tell him if you had the opportunity to visit him personally?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Did you call Brooklyn about this situation?

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

It was literally abouot 8 months ago. Me and another somewhat liberal elder went to find out what exactly was wrong and why we had not seen him since he sent in his letter. His letter was very eloquent and well thought out. Full of him blaming himself (he was 13 come on). So I asked the other brother if maybe we should go. We honestly both felt miserable that a person at 13 had to go through this sort of thing and that we should do all we could to "restore him to the flock".

I hope he just decided to stay in the state he was in and find joy somewhere else. I always felt the arrangement for reinstating someone was the most unloving thing imaginable. After all this time away they are like on some kind of probation until 3 men arbitrarily decide that they have made enough "progress" and been through enough "shame".

Last time I checked the ransom didn't have a time delay on its benefits to cover our sins

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit